5,597,354 Members 32,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade MJ7 to MJ6 with old bootloader possible?

Tip us?

zroice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Downgrade MJ7 to MJ6 with old bootloader possible?

I would like to use simplistic framework but its not fully working on my mj7 installation, so I'd like to downgrade to mj6.

I updated my phone with URDLV custom created odin tar without bootloaders, so I still got MI6 bootloader. Any idea if this will trip knox?
No hearsay please just if you definitely know. I actually doubt that this downgrade will trip knox, as long as I only flash the system image and leave kernel and recovery etc out, but I want to make sure - kept my warranty for so long now hehe no need to ruin it by one small mistake =).

(I will eventually end up tripping knox anyway if no way is found to use custom kernel and recovery while keeping the warranty, but i wanna give it some more time..)

This could be interesting to more people too I'm sure.

Or does simplistic framework fully work on stock MJ7? If so then I would just need to go back to full stock mj7 via odin. (still got that file flying around)

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by zroice View Post
I would like to use simplistic framework but its not fully working on my mj7 installation, so I'd like to downgrade to mj6.

I updated my phone with URDLV custom created odin tar without bootloaders, so I still got MI6 bootloader. Any idea if this will trip knox?
No hearsay please just if you definitely know. I actually doubt that this downgrade will trip knox, as long as I only flash the system image and leave kernel and recovery etc out, but I want to make sure - kept my warranty for so long now hehe no need to ruin it by one small mistake =).

(I will eventually end up tripping knox anyway if no way is found to use custom kernel and recovery while keeping the warranty, but i wanna give it some more time..)

This could be interesting to more people too I'm sure.

Or does simplistic framework fully work on stock MJ7? If so then I would just need to go back to full stock mj7 via odin. (still got that file flying around)
no you cant downgrade
if i helped hit the Thanks Button