XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing the radio?

Tip us?

connelhooley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Flashing the radio?

I'm currently downloading the following GPE ROM and I notice it says that you can flash the radio but it is not required. Just wondering what this means exactly? Is it the drivers for the radio device in the headset that gives you your signal? Is it best practice to flash the radio or do most people leave it? What are the pros and cons etc? Is it dangerous to do?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2341395

Thanks

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Radios control things like Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS.
Each version has its unique radios.
The software that controls them would tell the device to get HSPDA+ on band x or LTE on band Y.. stuff like that.
For example. ME i have T-Mobile. I have a T-Mobile branded HTC One. For a while i ran my One fully stock GPe with the TMO radios. Why? Because when TMO sent out an update a while back (prior to 4.3) they updated their radios and i saw noticeable improvement on LTE for TMO..
SO naturally when i converted mine to GPe i wanted to keep my TMO radios. The GPe might not have the tweaks to its radios that TMO sent out and at the time the version on my GPe was older. So i put the newer TMO radio on it and i felt like it was working great.

Someone else chime in with pros and cons.
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users