No recovery on aokp rom

Search This thread

mr. ya-di-da

Nov 18, 2013
I'm using the aokp mildstone 5 rom and it doesn't have a custom recovery. I tried flashing stock cmw5,ff18,stock rogue,el26,stock twrp. Every one that I flashed on it doesn't work when I go to reboot sys it won't reboot the rom or it will do the android is updating apps but when it finishes it just freezes.Also it won't run google play services or play store they both force close had to download the apps that I needed manually from dev-host.I like this rom and want to back it up but no recovery works and it sucks not being able to use play store

mr. ya-di-da

Nov 18, 2013
Yeah I know I'm the one that has the phone that won't flash jelly bean roms all of a sudden..I made a thread about it. Anyways I can only use ics or gb roms. Is that a ics or gb rom.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
You're flashing TouchWiz recoveries, that's why it won't work. Flash an ICS AOSP kernel.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

mr. ya-di-da

Nov 18, 2013
OK so I looked over at rwilco12. Which one should I use,aokp fe22 one click or tar. Aosp ff02 tar, times infinity twrp repack..there's a few different ones. Can I use mobile Odin or should I use my PC.

mr. ya-di-da

Nov 18, 2013
The only ics aokp recovery I see over there is times infinity.I tried chris41,calkulin, rogue,agat63..these wouldn'twork and I used my PC

HighxVoltage

Nov 24, 2013
Try to flash Chris41g CWM6 recovery. (I'd post a link but, I don't have over 10 posts.) Should be located in @rwilco's site under CM9 kernels. It probably won't boot but you will have a recovery that should be able to flash any AOSP JB ROM.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mr. ya-di-da

Nov 18, 2013
Had to get rid of the aokp rom the system app for making and receiving phone calls started to force close and I had no signal at all. I'm now using an aosp ics rom that has a team win recovery on it but still can'tget play srore to work

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Had to get rid of the aokp rom the system app for making and receiving phone calls started to force close and I had no signal at all. I'm now using an aosp ics rom that has a team win recovery on it but still can'tget play srore to work

Remove your Google account and sign back in, also wipe data of the Play Store app in App Manager

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png