Phone stuck at AT&T logo after font install

Tip us?

MrHaPpY66
Old
(Last edited by MrHaPpY66; 26th November 2013 at 08:59 PM.) Reason: more info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Phone stuck at AT&T logo after font install

I'm running on 4.3 and I was installing a font using Font Installer and rebooted the phone. Everything seemed to go smoothly until it wouldn't get past the at&t logo. so i boot into recovery so i can mount the system and fix the fonts but it wouldn't show up on my pc. i tried to mount the usb storage and still nothing. i made a nandroid just to save my data and left it in the internal storage. my phone killed my micro sd so i couldn't place it there. the only choice i had now was to use odin to restore the phone. i got into download mode but my computer no longer recognizes my phone so now restoring it with odin is no longer an option. so now i really have no idea what to do. :/

EDIT: finally got odin to recognize my device by countessly reinstalling the drivers through KIES
"Knowledge like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it." -Alan Moore,V for Vendetta
Current Phone
Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH I747
Pebble Blue and Marble White
Rooted
CWM Touch Recovery

20 GB
Other Devices
Xperia PLAY R800x
Rooted
TWRP Recovery
Bootloader Locked
Running Slimbean
V6 Supercharged!

winosxbuntu
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaPpY66 View Post
I'm running on 4.3 and I was installing a font using Font Installer and rebooted the phone. Everything seemed to go smoothly until it wouldn't get past the at&t logo. so i boot into recovery so i can mount the system and fix the fonts but it wouldn't show up on my pc. i tried to mount the usb storage and still nothing. i made a nandroid just to save my data and left it in the internal storage. my phone killed my micro sd so i couldn't place it there. the only choice i had now was to use odin to restore the phone. i got into download mode but my computer no longer recognizes my phone so now restoring it with odin is no longer an option. so now i really have no idea what to do. :/

EDIT: finally got odin to recognize my device by countessly reinstalling the drivers through KIES
reflash 4.3 and you'll be fine, just next time try an easier app that does not need ROOT
try myfonts from the play store that does not need root and DOES NOT PROMPT TO RESTART (easiest and safest way to change font) i have the app on my phone
i used font-installer and almost bricked my S3, since then i have not used it
CM11 Or 4.3 S3Rx FTW ------ SGH I747
live by Dubstep
The Following User Says Thank You to winosxbuntu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrHaPpY66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu View Post
reflash 4.3 and you'll be fine, just next time try an easier app that does not need ROOT
try myfonts from the play store that does not need root and DOES NOT PROMPT TO RESTART (easiest and safest way to change font) i have the app on my phone
thanks for the app suggestion. i'm looking forward to checking it out after i reset my phone.
"Knowledge like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it." -Alan Moore,V for Vendetta
Current Phone
Rooted
CWM Touch Recovery

20 GB
Other Devices
Xperia PLAY R800x
Rooted
TWRP Recovery
Bootloader Locked
Running Slimbean
V6 Supercharged!

MrHaPpY66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by winosxbuntu View Post
i tried to reflash 4.3 but i keep getting an error on both clockworkmod and twrp recoveries
Current Phone
Rooted
CWM Touch Recovery

20 GB
Other Devices
Xperia PLAY R800x
Rooted
TWRP Recovery
Bootloader Locked
Running Slimbean