5,597,007 Members 48,233 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status Bar Theming - How to get the pure Google look?

Tip us?

lolzcat
Old
(Last edited by lolzcat; 27th November 2013 at 10:19 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Status Bar Theming - How to get the pure Google look?

Hi all, quick question.

Does anyone know can I make the status bar on my Galaxy S4 look like the status bar did on the Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, etc.. when they ran Android 4.3? I really like the blue UI elements and would like to get that UI on my GS4.

My Galaxy S4 is currently rooted on 4.3. Stock ROM, bootloader, etc...

Is this mod a simple .apk installation, or something far more complex?

I have a background in theming and modifying UI elements in iOS (as I was an avid iPhone user from 2008 to mid-2013), but this is my first time wanting to modify the looks of my Android device. Any help, links, or guidance is much appreciated!

I've attached a screenshot of my device's lockscreen with white status bar icons, and I've also attached an screenshot from a Nexus device with the blue UI elements that I'm desiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-27-03-58-14.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	2417774   Click image for larger version

Name:	nexusae0_SoGKPYA.png
Views:	474
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2417779  

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 202
I use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401 with Wanam https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.wanam.xposed.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolzcat View Post
Hi all, quick question.

Does anyone know can I make the status bar on my Galaxy S4 look like the status bar did on the Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, etc.. when they ran Android 4.3? I really like the blue UI elements and would like to get that UI on my GS4.

My Galaxy S4 is currently rooted on 4.3. Stock ROM, bootloader, etc...

Is this mod a simple .apk installation, or something far more complex?

I have a background in theming and modifying UI elements in iOS (as I was an avid iPhone user from 2008 to mid-2013), but this is my first time wanting to modify the looks of my Android device. Any help, links, or guidance is much appreciated!

I've attached a screenshot of my device's lockscreen with white status bar icons, and I've also attached an screenshot from a Nexus device with the blue UI elements that I'm desiring.
Yes definitely grab wanam. You can do what you want, actually mine looks kinda like what you're going for, and its really easy to do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Takes some playing around but you can get it there.. Here's mine
Edit
Tried uploading a similar pic as far as my notification panel goes but wouldn't let me..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1385567202723.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	2418185