5,594,805 Members 37,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Help Switching ROMs (HELP WANTED)

Tip us?

HearMeOutOneTime
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Need Help Switching ROMs (HELP WANTED)

Phone: Droid Razr XT912 CDMA spyder
Current Custom Rom: Avatar Rom
Android Version on Custom Rom: 4.2.2
Kernel Version on Custom Rom: 3.0.8
Stock Rom Version: 4.1.2
Stock Kernel Version: 3.0.8
Current SafeStrap version: 3.11

I am trying to switch to [ROM] UnOfficial MIUIv5 Droid Razr xt912 CDMA 4.2.2 but do not quite know how?? The requirements for the ROM are what is causing me the hassle. MIUIv5 only works with kernel 3.0.8 and Jelly Bean 4.1.2 or 4.2.2, and can only be flashed using Safe Strap 3.65.
Do I have to completely unroot my phone and activate stock rom again and root again then re-download new version of safestrap then flash the desired rom, or is there an easier way? Plz help I am new to changing roms, walk me through the easiest way to go from Avatar Rom to MIUIv5.

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 391
No need to unroot or anythin.

Update your safestrap.
Delete and re-create the rom-slot.(MIUI works only in slot 1)
Wipe the slot,
Flash the ROM.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

The Following User Says Thank You to neo.ank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HearMeOutOneTime
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank View Post
No need to unroot or anythin.

Update your safestrap.
Delete and re-create the rom-slot.(MIUI works only in slot 1)
Wipe the slot,
Flash the ROM.

Thanks a ton for your help. One question, are you currently using MIUI v5? If you are, would you classify it as being stable? If not what are the some of the major issues that I should be aware of? Sorry for asking so much questions I just really want to sure myself that it is worth the switch. Thanks again for your help! Much Love!

j911kr
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearMeOutOneTime View Post
Thanks a ton for your help. One question, are you currently using MIUI v5? If you are, would you classify it as being stable? If not what are the some of the major issues that I should be aware of? Sorry for asking so much questions I just really want to sure myself that it is worth the switch. Thanks again for your help! Much Love!
I used MIUI v5, and its stable as hell. All apps work and no random reboots. One of the best(if not the best) ROM on the Razr. Only issue i had that it ran a bit slow. Apps take marginally longer to open. Though i did not try JBX.
The Following User Says Thank You to j911kr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearMeOutOneTime View Post
I'm using it at present in slot1
Its the most stable one for me. Everything works smoothly. The RAM usage is a little high, so you might need to freeze some system apps.
Overall, I'd totally recommended it.

My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"