XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just a quick, stupid question about messages on the lock screen

Tip us?

blackwrx02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Just a quick, stupid question about messages on the lock screen

Wife just upgraded to an AT&T S4. I have a modded S3 so its a new phone to me.

She asked me earlier why she can't see text messages on the lock screen. If I send her a message, there is a "Message" window that pops up on the lock screen that says "Messaging" with the time, and below it says "New Message"

When you click on it, it fades the screen except for a large white square section that is totally blank. I'm assuming where the message should show. Is there a way to view the contents of the message on the lock screen? Feeling pretty dumb, I'm not a phone n00b at all...but I'm stumped.

Screen shots:

Once message is received, this shows on lock screen:

When you tap it, this happens:

Venom0642
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4019

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwrx02 View Post
Wife just upgraded to an AT&T S4. I have a modded S3 so its a new phone to me.

She asked me earlier why she can't see text messages on the lock screen. If I send her a message, there is a "Message" window that pops up on the lock screen that says "Messaging" with the time, and below it says "New Message"

When you click on it, it fades the screen except for a large white square section that is totally blank. I'm assuming where the message should show. Is there a way to view the contents of the message on the lock screen? Feeling pretty dumb, I'm not a phone n00b at all...but I'm stumped.

Screen shots:

Once message is received, this shows on lock screen:

When you tap it, this happens:
Click the message icon app hit menu then hit settings scroll down put check on preview message the when you get a message that white big square box swipe it to the right.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 Running On New Deadly Venom v1.3.5 Jelly Bean 4.3

r8revealed
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Go into the settings for the messaging app and enable "preview message". That will fix your problem. As for the box, it's the box in which you must swipe to unlock. When you press the message, the box will pop up, swipe on the box, and then continue to the message. Hope it helped!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
-Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist AT&T (SGH-i337) STOCK 4.4.2 (NB1)
-Samsung Galaxy S3 Marble White AT&T (SGH-i747) (CM10.1.0) (Currently dead)

blackwrx02
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Ok that fixed half of it at least. now she can at least see the message. Still not getting the swipe box...but thats cool. Thanks for the quick responses. Much apprececiated

Venom0642
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4019

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwrx02 View Post
Ok that fixed half of it at least. now she can at least see the message. Still not getting the swipe box...but thats cool. Thanks for the quick responses. Much apprececiated
Basically get message see first message in first picture touch it get big box swipe and takes you to message that's builted that way it's normal it's not like the SG3!