XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broken power button. Fix

Tip us?

willbs94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Broken power button. Fix

My power button was recently acting funky and my phone was shutting off and stuff.

I was also noticing that the power menu would come up and stuff when I went to lock the phone. It is now stuck and phone will not boot fully. Can't use recovery or even download mode. Just shuts off.

I now have decided that I will go about fixing it. The power switch is soldered to the board. I ordered a five pack and a heat gun. ($9.99 on amazon for a 5 pack. And $22.45 for a heat gun that I will use later on.)

I will be posting pictures of the process when the items come in. Either this Saturday or Sunday or by Monday or Tuesday.(depending on shipping) If a video is needed, I might do one if I can get someone to record for me.

I am also going to try and fix my Captivate power button because it is broken as well. Let me know if you are interested in seeing this.

willbs94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Mine. For pics

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

sebster718
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would be interested. Had this happen to my S2... ended up with an S3

willbs94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebster718 View Post
I would be interested. Had this happen to my S2... ended up with an S3
Yeah it is more common than people would believe. I actually tried to baby my s3. Used volume wake and my home button. Still killed it in less than a year.