[HowTo]Root XOLO X1000.

Search This thread

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
i dnt kno dat:|..its okie leave:(..somehow ill manage...same as before bootloader is nly showing droid symbol..did as u said..menu appeared but no use if press power for selection it doesnt select ..:(

That's a side effect of soft bricking. You have no option but to reflash. It's better because then your recovery mode should also be restored.

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
UPDATE.ZIP

To get UPDATE.ZIP download the OTA update but dont install it.
The update file will be stored in "cache" folder present in root. The fine name need not be necessarily update.zip, you can guess the file by its size.
So now just copy the file to external sd_card. And proceed forward to install the update.

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
And I recently discovered that some Xposed modules introduce some kind of instability in semi-rooted devices.
We are also semi rooted. So the modules which try to complete their operation using bootloader and other restricted functions misbehave.

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
Xposed

And I recently discovered that some Xposed modules introduce some kind of instability in semi-rooted devices.
We are also semi rooted. So the modules which try to complete their operation using bootloader and other restricted functions misbehave.

Edit:- Digging further inside i found out that for now we should avoid using these modules: XBlast Tools and BootManager. They also slow down our OS

Last edited:

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa

Edit:- Digging further inside i found out that for now we should avoid using these modules: XBlast Tools and BootManager. They also slow down our OS

I knew it.. I was using Xblast.. That was the culprit.. Uninstalling immediately!

Achu Gowda

Jul 11, 2012
bangalore
To get UPDATE.ZIP download the OTA update but dont install it.
The update file will be stored in "cache" folder present in root. The fine name need not be necessarily update.zip, you can guess the file by its size.
So now just copy the file to external sd_card. And proceed forward to install the update.

I knew dat ..but my problem is bootloader is somewhat stuck n I can't download ota updates..

Jan 2, 2011
How to root on JB 4.1.2

I knew dat ..but my problem is bootloader is somewhat stuck n I can't download ota updates..

XOLO X1000 was believed to be root protected. Not anymore, follow the below steps to get it rooted.
As far as i know its the only rooting method available, so if anyone has knowledge of other rooting method pls share as it might help in further development.
Here is a screenshot from X1000-
View attachment 2402069

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
1.Install proper drivers from here
Code:
"drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6xlBPoXgsR3QVZqVGJQbVRBSGc"
2.Download suitable version of CYDIA IMPACTOR FROM
Code:
cydiaimpactor.com

Steps to ROOT
1.Connect X1000 in USB DEBUGGING MODE(Note: Drivers need to be properly installed)
2.Run Impactor.exe from the cydia impactor zip u downloaded
3.By default you will see "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su"(If not select it from the drop-down menu), click start and let it complete its process.
4.Reboot and you are done :laugh:

In case of any discrepancy fell free to ask :highfive:

Can we root x1000 using in JB 4.1.2? I tried but nothing happened as mentioned may be I m using JB 4.1.2. Is it necessary to have ICS before rooting. Sorry but I am not technically sound.

Abhiraj4u

May 3, 2011
Works on both ICS/JB.

Can we root x1000 using in JB 4.1.2? I tried but nothing happened as mentioned may be I m using JB 4.1.2. Is it necessary to have ICS before rooting. Sorry but I am not technically sound.

No.
You can install cydia impactor on JB too..
Installation will fail if you have installed Bluebox patch for Master ker vulnerablity.

Achu Gowda

Jul 11, 2012
bangalore

No I mean I only see droidboot symbol in boot loader As shawn told i pressed Vol up right after power button..the menu appeared wen select recovery thr..it simply stays nthg works thr.. I reflashed it nthg happened.. but wen xolo reflashed d at dat tym recovery everything was working.. but I flashed NW only boot loader working: (...n I can't update to jb also..its to download,in d middle it stucks...: (

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
No I mean I only see droidboot symbol in boot loader As shawn told i pressed Vol up right after power button..the menu appeared wen select recovery thr..it simply stays nthg works thr.. I reflashed it nthg happened.. but wen xolo reflashed d at dat tym recovery everything was working.. but I flashed NW only boot loader working: (...n I can't update to jb also..its to download,in d middle it stucks...: (

Weird. I couldn't access recovery some time back but that was before we discovered the new flashing tool.. After I used it it works fine now..
Not to sound like a drag, but you're using the SUTL v3 right?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Guys, can't we open a dedicated Device thread? We can put the flash procedure, root procedure and other tricks under it, for new users to use..

Achu Gowda

Jul 11, 2012
bangalore
Weird. I couldn't access recovery some time back but that was before we discovered the new flashing tool.. After I used it it works fine now..
Not to sound like a drag, but you're using the SUTL v3 right?

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Guys, can't we open a dedicated Device thread? We can put the flash procedure, root procedure and other tricks under it, for new users to use..

Yeah.. I'm Using dat only..wen installing flash tool ..did u got any error wen installing drivers within d flash tool???..if not which os u r using???
Yeah true we need to create d new thread for our phone:):)

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
Yeah.. I'm Using dat only..wen installing flash tool ..did u got any error wen installing drivers within d flash tool???..if not which os u r using???
Yeah true we need to create d new thread for our phone:):)

I didn't get any errors.. If it's not working I think you should just uninstall and reinstall.. Try it out..

shawnkenneth

Aug 18, 2013
Goa
i did everythg still i cant go to recovery mode..but i can go to droidboot:(

You can't access recovery because the phone's been softbricked.. I've noticed two types of softbricks happening on our phone. One is where, during bootloop, the lower part of the screen gets slightly distorted. The other is pure boot animation loop. The first isn't serious and you can access recovery. It's caused by some file problems like Build.prop etc. The other type is because of the signature mismatch.

You're only option is to reflash. It's better you do it at the head office..

Reactions: Achu Gowda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XOLO X1000 was believed to be root protected. Not anymore, follow the below steps to get it rooted.
    As far as i know its the only rooting method available, so if anyone has knowledge of other rooting method pls share as it might help in further development.
    Here is a screenshot from X1000-
    Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-05-45.png

ROOT INSTRUCTIONS!!

Pre-requsite
    1.Install proper drivers from here
    Code:
    "drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6xlBPoXgsR3QVZqVGJQbVRBSGc"
    2.Download suitable version of CYDIA IMPACTOR FROM
    Code:
    cydiaimpactor.com

Steps to ROOT
    1.Connect X1000 in USB DEBUGGING MODE(Note: Drivers need to be properly installed)
    2.Run Impactor.exe from the cydia impactor zip u downloaded
    3.By default you will see "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su"(If not select it from the drop-down menu), click start and let it complete its process.
    4.Reboot and you are done :laugh:

In case of any discrepancy fell free to ask :highfive:
    SystemUi

Hey, I have a small problem.. I used a root app called Soft Keyz and now both my notification bar and soft keys are missing.. I did a little research and realized that it has to do with a borked systemui.apk. So could you please give me your systemui.apk by any chance? I'm kinda screwed here without the soft keys.. Appreciate if you could get back to me soon.. Thanks :)

Yup sure.
    Im uploading both systemUI.apk and systemUi.odex. You might need to replace both. And remember to correct permissions.
    Root checker

now i went lava head office they flashed within 5mins n gave my phone without charging:):)..nw its working smooth...i ve one doubt does above method is stable??..as i installed supersu 1.75..it asked me to update su binary ..wen i pressed update it showed instalation failed...wen i installed super user it updated su n was fine...wen i tried to install viper4android mod..then it showed dat my phn isnt rooted..wen i installed busybox also same notice appeared..:(:(:(...the link to d viper4android is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Thats shocking!! Install this. What does it say?

Edit: Supersu doesnt work for many phones, dont rely on that! Use Super user. BusyBox works fine on mine. Just check if you haven't set Automatic response=Deny in Super user->settings->security.

Edit: Busybox screenshot.

2le6pe1.png
    Let the game begin!!

So now we can do manual recovery!!
    Cracked it.!

guys good news:)
    i flashed xolo x1000:)...but the u need is SUTL3_v2.1.1.msi....it will be like SUTL3_v2.1.1.ms_....change it to SUTL3_v2.1.1.msi...u install the software..then open it n select erase user data in option n flash it...after everything some error will appear at last..just ignore it n reboot ur phn:):)...it will be in ics..just update jb thr ota:):)...flash file n software i used is same which is thr in

ftp://ftp.lavaworld.in/xolosw/:):good::good::good::good::good::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::cyclops: