Bricked

Tip us?

Diablo67
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2728

DONATE TO ME
Default Bricked

Can anyone tell me how to get the LG software update KDZ file i need to unbrick my phone,i used the downloader in this guide.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010624 but it downloaded a cabinet file.Thanks guys.
☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣

Android Terms,Slang,Definitions & Guides!REVISED!
☠☠☠Toshiba Build Box☠☠☠HTC Supersonic EVO☠☠☠Acer A500☠☠☠LG Optimus G☠☠☠Casio G'zOne Commando☠☠☠

lnxnubie
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Flash the CAB file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo67 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get the LG software update KDZ file i need to unbrick my phone,i used the downloader in this guide.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010624 but it downloaded a cabinet file.Thanks guys.
I had flashed the CAB file via lgnpst, with the DLL file and got the phone back.

Diablo67
Old
(Last edited by Diablo67; 28th November 2013 at 12:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2728

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxnubie View Post
I had flashed the CAB file via lgnpst, with the DLL file and got the phone back.
How do i go about that?,thanks for your help by the way.I'm downloading the flash tool from here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443185 it says this is the new way to do it.

☠☠☠Toshiba Build Box☠☠☠HTC Supersonic EVO☠☠☠Acer A500☠☠☠LG Optimus G☠☠☠Casio G'zOne Commando☠☠☠

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
How do i go about that?,thanks for your help by the way.I'm downloading the flash tool from here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2443185 it says this is the new way to do it.
LGNPST is what most of us use. Get it from the irc or the teeny bin thread. Under Additional info. Also, in the root guide and FAQ are done other options that may work prior to LGNPST.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Eventually
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Diablo67
Old
Thanks Meter 2728

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
LGNPST is what most of us use. Get it from the irc or the teeny bin thread. Under Additional info. Also, in the root guide and FAQ are done other options that may work prior to LGNPST.

I tried the KDZ way,bit the LG downloader downloaded a cabinet file instead of the KDZ file,how do i covert it or get the right file?It looks easier.UUgghh this bites,i thought i had this,lol.

engine95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
I tried the KDZ way,bit the LG downloader downloaded a cabinet file instead of the KDZ file,how do i covert it or get the right file?It looks easier.
You can run the cab in LGNPST. Make sure you use ZVB or ZVC. ZVC is the most current. For the most part we use a bin file that you extract from the cab. So use ZVC bin with LGNPST and you should be good to go. Also the DLL you need isn't in the cab if I remember right.

Eventually
The Following User Says Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Diablo67
Old
Thanks Meter 2728

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
You can run the cab in LGNPST. Make sure you use ZVB or ZVC. ZVC is the most current. For the most part we use a bin file that you extract from the cab. So use ZVC bin with LGNPST and you should be good to go. Also the DLL you need isn't in the cab if I remember right.

Check your PM,thanks.What is LGNPST?