5,597,871 Members 38,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 10 stuck at boot up screen after 4.4 update

Tip us?

jduntouchable
Old
(Last edited by jduntouchable; 28th November 2013 at 04:22 AM.) Reason: added more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Nexus 10 stuck at boot up screen after 4.4 update

Dear all,

I am a noob to android (just bought a nexus 10 and nexus 5 this month) I decided to root my devices. My nexus 10 was originally rooted with 4.3 and today an update popped up for 4.4. so I clicked restart and install, Now its stuck on the boot-up screen with the 4 dots moving around.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1385608235

How do I get it to start on 4.4. I do not mind losing all my stuff.. I also don't mind the stock android, as i never installed any custom roms.

I was a previous iOS user and thought it'd be fine to just update like I did on my jailbroken iOS device.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me simple steps to follow..
I'm really sorry if this question has been previously asked but I searched and everyone with my problem have uploaded screenshots of their computer.. i didnt use a computer to update..

I want to just wipe data/factory reset from the boot setting but I don't want to screw things up before confirming with you guys. Also I've got clockworkMod incase thats important

Thanks a lot for all the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131127_220335.jpg
Views:	5522
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	2419292  

abdel12345
Old
Thanks Meter 1052
The update would have worked fine if you didn't have clock work mid installed. First thing to try to fix it is go into clock work mod recovery (hold power and volume buttons) then you can do a factory reset from there. If it still doesn't boot then just download wugfreshs toolkit. It will do it for you. I would tell you how to manually do it but since your new to android it may be better to get it done using a toolkit which is easier. In his toolkit there is an option for return to stock and from there just follow the instructions. You can search for wugs toolkit for nexus 10 and it should come up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Devices: Nexus 10 and Verizon LG G2