XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 Active i537 AT&T Flashed with Safe Strap and GT-i9295 ROM issues

Tip us?

Neomage84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 Active i537 AT&T Flashed with Safe Strap and GT-i9295 ROM issues

So I flashed this rom a few weeks ago and have loved it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406177

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448942

But when I am on LTE my download and upload speeds are so low. I have updated APN settings and tried different ones with no luck. I had no issues with 4G LTE before so I'm wondering if maybe I missed a step or something. My download rate is .56 Mbps and my upload is .42 Mbps...which is awful. I really am at a loss right now as to what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neomage84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default So.....

So noone has any advice? I've searched and searched. Apparently no one else is having this issue or they just don't realize it yet.

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomage84 View Post
So noone has any advice? I've searched and searched. Apparently no one else is having this issue or they just don't realize it yet.
My only suggestion would be to delete the ROM slit and start over. I haven't heard of anybody else having this problem on the GPE ROM, so it sounds like it might just be a bad flash. Try again and let me know what happens.

Also list the steps you went through when you flashed the ROM, then we'll know if you missed a step.

Neomage84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No luck,
Here's the steps I took:
Downloaded safestrap, i9295 ROM, MF3 and camera fix.
Installed the latest safestrap.
Installed recovery
Booted to recovery
Created ROM slot 1
Installed i9295 ROM in ROM slot 1
Installed mf3
Installed camera fix
Rebooted.

Hopefully there is something I am missing or maybe I should just call at&t and see if its on there end. Wifi and Bluetooth work just fine.

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Do you get normal speeds on your stock slot? If yes then it's definitely a ROM issue, if not then it's an AT&T issue.

The steps you are using are correct so you should be getting the same speeds as your stock slot.

Neomage84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So if I was a genius and flashed over the stock slot to begin with? Would that be the issue? Does 4G LTE require the stock rom to be there?

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
So if I was a genius and flashed over the stock slot to begin with? Would that be the issue? Does 4G LTE require the stock rom to be there?
Oh boy. I've seen people doing that in the Verizon and AT&T threads, but you may be the first person who's done it on the S4 Active. I personally haven't done it so I don't know how much help I can be. According to the other threads you should be fine and everything should work properly, so I'm not sure what happened. My suggestion would be to Odin back to MF1 stock and make sure that you are indeed getting higher speeds. Then flash GPE to a ROM slot and confirm your speeds once again. If they both are working as expected, then try flashing GPE to your stock slot.

I've have GPE in ROM slot 1 right now and I'm getting the same speeds that I do on my stock slot. Other than basically starting from scratch I don't really know what to tell you. It might be a good idea to look through the Verizon and AT&T threads and see if anybody else has your same problem.

vdsvdroid
Old
(Last edited by vdsvdroid; 26th November 2013 at 10:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default It may be of help

Are you on ATT network? If you are, i would flash "Hyperdrive ATT Compatibility patch" , you can find it in the Verizon S4 "Hyperdrive Rom" tread in the forum. It works great on other roms too.

Or make sure that you are not over the limit on your phone monthly internet, ATT wireless data plan, because if you are , they will slow down the speed for you until the end of your current billing cycle.

evisser4
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
So I flashed this rom a few weeks ago and have loved it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406177

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448942

But when I am on LTE my download and upload speeds are so low. I have updated APN settings and tried different ones with no luck. I had no issues with 4G LTE before so I'm wondering if maybe I missed a step or something. My download rate is .56 Mbps and my upload is .42 Mbps...which is awful. I really am at a loss right now as to what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had this problem on my att s4. I337. I noticed it while running GE rom. Then flashed cleanrom. Same issue. Then it seemed like my stock slot was having issues too. So today I reflashed the stock rom and removed safestrap. The phone has been working normal again. I don't know if it is root related or safestrap related. Maybe something about GE rom messes the modem up somehow. what version of safestrap do you have?

Neomage84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have the newest version of safestrap.

Tried installing the hyperdrive att compatibility patch...sent my phone into a boot loop. So that's a no go. Guess I'll just have to live with it till I get a new phone.