XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Some-what Funny S 4 Story

Tip us?

tredonkulous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default My Some-what Funny S 4 Story

Well, this is general, why not tell the story of how I acquired the Galaxy S 4 (more or less my android story in general).

I don't have the best of luck with phones. That's for sure. Back in the summer of 2012 when my two year contract with the LG Envy Touch was just about over I broke it. Somehow along the lines of dropping it, leaving it in the rain once, etc... let's say I take much better care now. So, I went out on the hunt for a new phone. At the Verizon store I was debating between the Droid Maxx and the iPhone 4S, when one of the workers came up to me (thank goodness he did, I'm glad I'm not stuck with the iPhone). He asked what kind of phone I was interested in an I told him what I was looking at. Immediately he took me over to the Galaxy S 3, saying this is something worth the look. I fell in love. It was what I wanted, what I needed.

A year goes by with my lovely Galaxy S 3. Not a scratch on it's face, not a drop to it's name. I cherished the phone and used it for my everyday needs. Then comes the day when I went on a run without my armband. Normally I put my S 3 in an armband, bag, pocket, or anything but for some reason I didn't that day. I was holding my phone in my hand, as I had done before, and was running through the neighborhood. Then, I started to get a little tired and without thinking went to stretch my arm when my phone flew from my grip. ****. Cracked screen.

Not wanting to risk breaking my phone even more I took it to Verizon. They gave me the number and told me to make an Asurion Insurance claim. Since I had the $100 deductible that's what I did. Once on the website I was informed that they no longer had my Blue 32 GB Galaxy S 3 in stock. I was pretty bummed and had to look at the other two options. The first was a White 32 GB Galaxy S 3. OK, I compared the details and something about it wasn't right. The battery life much less and some other odd things. Fine, I looked at my other option. A Black 32 GB Galaxy S 3. Wait, that's not right, there is no Black S 3 for Verizon or any carrier I thought. I took a closer look, Black 32 GB Galaxy S 4. Well, well, well. Now what would be the smart decision, a seemingly worse S 3 or the new and improved S 4. I think you know what choice I made.

Fast forward two days when my S 4 is supposed to arrive. It gladly does and I am so very happy to activated it. I turned off my S 3 after the final goodbyes and what not, put the battery in the S 4 and turned it on. Something isn't right. The loading process went OK, but there is something wrong with the screen. It had this ugly, thick, brown looking film on my screen. Not like the plastic that comes on the screen, but actually inside of the phone that's only noticeable when you turn it on. I go through the whole installation process and it doesn't go away, I change the brightness, anything desperate to fix it, nothing. I do some research and it states how it is a hardware connection issue, but there was no report of brown screens, only green ones. I guess it was the same issue.

Slightly-enraged that my good luck had gone bad I called up Asurion. They told me everything I should do to try and fix it, but nothing worked. So, they offered to send me a new-new S 4 free of charge. I happily agreed. Another two days go buy and my new-new phone has arrived. Finally, everything was working fine and here I am, happy with my fully functional S 4. I guess in the end my luck really did shine through.

Hope you guys didn't mind the story, and I think it would be cool if you guys shared how you got from your start with android to the Galaxy S 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to tredonkulous For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrishoyt2012
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Buy a otter box commuter... Baby that thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to chrishoyt2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tredonkulous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishoyt2012 View Post
Buy a otter box commuter... Baby that thing.

Yeah I will, I had a commuter for my S 3 but the buttons annoyed me for a little bit so I put my Incipio case back on. I would say the case was good for little bumps but when I dropped the S 3 I dropped it hard.

chrishoyt2012
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I have the commuter on my S4 dropped it many times...are you talking about the power/standby volume buttons?

tredonkulous
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishoyt2012 View Post
I have the commuter on my S4 dropped it many times...are you talking about the power/standby volume buttons?

Yup, I'm a weakling It took me a while to adapt, I just didn't like the feel.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 880
I don't know why I expected a life or death situation in this story.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: VERIZON
  • DEVICE: HTC ONE MAX
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7
  • ROM: NUSENSE SIX
  • KERNEL: CLEANKERNEL
  • LAUNCHER: TSF SHELL
  • XPOSED MODULES: Greenify/KeepChat/NotifyClean/Sense6Toolbox/Snapshare/YoutubeAdAway
  • CASE: POWER FLIP
  • HACKS: LIFETIME FREE PIZZA DELIVERY

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13091
Please take this to the sticky, which is off topic about other devices and upgrading etc...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2406733
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe