[Q] How to connect to ad-hoc wifi connection

Tip us?

anand.parmar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How to connect to ad-hoc wifi connection

Hi

Can anyone please tell how to connect to ad-hoc network? I have used many ROMs(Stock ICS, JB leak1 and leak3, mokee, pacman, miui) but not able to connect to ad-hoc network in any ROM. In stock GB I was able to connect to ad-hoc wifi. I also connected to ad-hoc connection in JB leak a couple of time, but not able to connect every time. The behavior for ad-hoc connection is somewhat strange, some times phone just keep on "obtaining ip address" step and some time it connects to the network but internet connectivity lost after few minutes, and some times it does not find the ad-hoc connection at all. It does show other wifi connections from my neighbourhood but It does not show my ad-hoc wifi connection.

If anyone has faced such issue, then please help.
Thanks in advance for your help

PhoenixNghi
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Or you can use Connectify
Motorola && Samsung

Razr v3i___._____(P2K)
Rokr E6e___(LinuxEZX)
Milestone____(Android)
Razr________(Android)
Atrix 2____.__(Android)
---
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3113

anand.parmar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixNghi View Post
Or you can use Connectify
I have "data card" to access internet and the lite version of connectify does not support the sharing of internet connection using "data card". is there any way other way I can share my laptop's internet connection with my phone?

BTW, is there any issue with our device/Roms to connect to ad-hoc wifi connection?