XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to completely restore/un-root/s-on

Tip us?

ingem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to completely restore/un-root/s-on

So, I've no idea how to do this (noob here). I'm on the VZW HTC One. It's rooted, S-OFF, locked (relocked) boot loader, HTC Dev build. What I'd really, really like to do is completely (and I mean completely), relock/reset the phone. I would use recovery, but I can't boot into recovery. After a bit, it restarts and goes into the regular boot. I've tried to flash the default/stock recovery image, but every time I try I get this:
Code:
sending 'recovery' (16383 KB)...
OKAY [  2.167s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 2.201s
I've got USB Debugging on, so I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I've spent a lot of time looking, but I couldn't find anything that actually fit what I needed.

mercer24
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingem View Post
So, I've no idea how to do this (noob here). I'm on the VZW HTC One. It's rooted, S-OFF, locked (relocked) boot loader, HTC Dev build. What I'd really, really like to do is completely (and I mean completely), relock/reset the phone. I would use recovery, but I can't boot into recovery. After a bit, it restarts and goes into the regular boot. I've tried to flash the default/stock recovery image, but every time I try I get this:
Code:
sending 'recovery' (16383 KB)...
OKAY [  2.167s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 2.201s
I've got USB Debugging on, so I've got no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I've spent a lot of time looking, but I couldn't find anything that actually fit what I needed.
First you need to unlock the bootloader to be able to flash items.
Check it out here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470340

Then follow the instructions listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475216