5,598,086 Members 42,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Major problems with camera out of the box!

Tip us?
 
vegetaleb
Old
(Last edited by vegetaleb; 29th November 2013 at 03:16 PM.)
#1  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Posts: 5,376
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Beirut
Default Help! Major problems with camera out of the box!

Hi guys! I am back in HTC One world but I have weird green spots in my low light photos out of the box!!
Also I think there is already a slight purple tint.
Autofocus is not working,I tried to reboot and focus on a macro object but focus won't move at all.
What do you think?

 
nkk71
Old
#2  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Posts: 4,303
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
Hi guys! I am back in HTC One world but I have weird green spots in my low light photos out of the box!!
Also I think there is already a slight purple tint.
Autofocus is not working,I tried to reboot and focus on a macro object but focus won't move at all.
What do you think?
1- I think you need to clean the closet (sorry for the joke)

2- it's the faulty camera issue (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317507), so if you were in a civilized country (yeah i'm here too), you should return it to the shop and let them give you a new one, test it in the shop to make sure it doesnt have the low-light problem

3- you can try adjusting the ISO settings to get better results.

Good luck.

EDIT: if the shop actually exchanges it for you can you let me know which shop you got it from. thanks
 
vegetaleb
Old
#3  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Posts: 5,376
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- I think you need to clean the closet (sorry for the joke)

2- it's the faulty camera issue (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317507), so if you were in a civilized country (yeah i'm here too), you should return it to the shop and let them give you a new one, test it in the shop to make sure it doesnt have the low-light problem

3- you can try adjusting the ISO settings to get better results.

Good luck.

EDIT: if the shop actually exchanges it for you can you let me know which shop you got it from. thanks
Thanks I know what is purple tint as I sold my old One because of that,what is more freightenin me are the fixed green dirt in lines all over the photos,focus on close objet is not working too.
Looks like the phone itself is very old as it's 1.29 like when I bought it in France back in May .
I bought it directly from HTC Lebanon aka Gomobile with a warranty policy that replaces the phone in case of problems,so I am good but they are closed till monday
 
nkk71
Old
#4  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Posts: 4,303
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
Thanks I know what is purple tint as I sold my old One because of that,what is more freightenin me are the fixed green dirt in lines all over the photos,focus on close objet is not working too.
Looks like the phone itself is very old as it's 1.29 like when I bought it in France back in May .
I bought it directly from HTC Lebanon aka Gomobile with a warranty policy that replaces the phone in case of problems,so I am good but they are closed till monday
Do they go ahead and replace on the spot, or do they give you the runaround about "we'll repair it" / "we'll send it to repair"? Can you let me know, thanks.
 
vegetaleb
Old
#5  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Posts: 5,376
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Do they go ahead and replace on the spot, or do they give you the runaround about "we'll repair it" / "we'll send it to repair"? Can you let me know, thanks.
Because I lived the purple tint issue before I asked them about the policy and he told me that they are forbidden to open the phone to repair it,they simply replace it, plus now I am upgrading the OS so they can't argue about a software issue.
On the good side it's good I noticed it so soon before I rooted the phone,it saved me the hassle to go all the way to unroot
 
nkk71
Old
#6  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Posts: 4,303
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
Because I lived the purple tint issue before I asked them about the policy and he told me that they are forbidden to open the phone to repair it,they simply replace it, plus now I am upgrading the OS so they can't argue about a software issue.
On the good side it's good I noticed it so soon before I rooted the phone,it saved me the hassle to go all the way to unroot
Good to know, thanks man, where is Gomobile (it's not the one in Dora right, thought they were the HTC importers).
 
vegetaleb
Old
#7  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Posts: 5,376
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Good to know, thanks man, where is Gomobile (it's not the one in Dora right, thought they were the HTC importers).
Gomobile is close to Fattal HQ between el Nahr and Horsh Tabet

Checked the production date and it's end of July meaning pretty old batch,they should have gave me at least a September batch
The Following User Says Thank You to vegetaleb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nkk71
Old
#8  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2088
Posts: 4,303
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
Gomobile is close to Fattal HQ between el Nahr and Horsh Tabet

Checked the production date and it's end of July meaning pretty old batch,they should have gave me at least a September batch
Thanks for the info, what does the serial number start with?

SZ = Shenzhen, China
SH = Shanghai, China
HT = Hsinchu, Taiwan
CH = Wuhan, China
FA = Taiwan

mine starts with HT, and luckily I dont have the purple tint problem, fingers crossed, it doesn't change.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...