XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Still worth buying the HTC One

Tip us?

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by allhill View Post
but after looking 2 malls, there no one counter that sell HTC ONE, they sell the HTC ONE DUAL SIM GSM/CDMA no LTE version
Maybe you want to look on ebay? Many sellers are shipping worldwide... I bought mine from ebay, lot cheaper than in store.

Quote:
I'm confuse about the developers later, it's still support?
I dont really know anything about the dual sim version. what I know is that M7_U and M7_UL rom are not compatible with dual sim according to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223236

Quote:
I search that HTC ONE Dual Sim (M7_U maybe?) can flash the rom from HTC One M7_UL
Dual sim HTC One is a M7_d not a M7_U and I'm sure because I own a M7_U and this is not dual sim. Sure you can flash a M7_UL rom in a M7_U phone (as I did with mine) but it wont enable lte.

Quote:
Should i buy the dual sim or searching the origin HTC ONE?
Imo, search for a M7_UL first. If you dont really care about LTE you can pick a M7_U and install M7_UL stock or costum rom later.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

allhill
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
Maybe you want to look on ebay? Many sellers are shipping worldwide... I bought mine from ebay, lot cheaper than in store.

I dont really know anything about the dual sim version. what I know is that M7_U and M7_UL rom are not compatible with dual sim according to this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223236

Dual sim HTC One is a M7_d not a M7_U and I'm sure because I own a M7_U and this is not dual sim. Sure you can flash a M7_UL rom in a M7_U phone (as I did with mine) but it wont enable lte.

Imo, search for a M7_UL first. If you dont really care about LTE you can pick a M7_U and install M7_UL stock or costum rom later.
I already buy HTC One M7_U
join the family now...
ONE to rule them all...

HTC EVO 4G S-OFF HBOOT 2.10
ROM : DigitalKarma V9 Enlightenment

O2 XDA IIs | O2 Xphone II | O2 Graphite | Dopod 838 | HTC Touch Diamond | HTC Touch Diamond2 | HTC Desire | HTC Wildfire | HTC EVO 4G | HTC Sensation XE | HTC ONE M7_U

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
I already buy HTC One M7_U
join the family now...
congrats mate!

if you need help to convert to M7_UL let me know.

allhill
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
congrats mate!

if you need help to convert to M7_UL let me know.
thanks
convert you mean LTE enabled?
maybe after my country support LTE as well

I'm will hold my passion to root & s-off because the purple tint issue, the warranty still needed
now after update to 4.3, there a bit purple noise near the side.
ONE to rule them all...

HTC EVO 4G S-OFF HBOOT 2.10
ROM : DigitalKarma V9 Enlightenment

O2 XDA IIs | O2 Xphone II | O2 Graphite | Dopod 838 | HTC Touch Diamond | HTC Touch Diamond2 | HTC Desire | HTC Wildfire | HTC EVO 4G | HTC Sensation XE | HTC ONE M7_U

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6448
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane08 View Post
Well I did it! I picked up my Blue HTC One today. This is seriously a beauty, definitely the most amazing appearance I have seen on a phone. In love already and feels pretty snappy. Patiently waiting for my update to download now, I need to pick up a nice case now.

Thanks for your help!
I see you decided to get the One then
It was definitely a good choice as the future of this phone is looking good, to be honest.
Before I got the One, I was a bit worried about future support as HTC haven't exactly had a great track record in the past and a lot of their previous phones have had some major issues. It was mainly the sleek that caught my attention and when I finally used one (on the day of release in the UK) my mind was made up.
The One was truly a "do or die" situation for HTC because if this phone hadn't sold well, it would have pretty much finished them off. Luckily for them, however, the phone is great and has been a brilliant seller. They've also done brilliantly with updates so far as have stuck to their word of releasing 4.4 when they said they would. That's why you don't have to worry about only getting the phone now as it will carry on getting better for quite a while yet
Quote:
Yeah you are right but imo never get a new model at launch, they always have issue with hardware or build quality. I learned that lesson from my HTC one X I bought last year at day 1. Never again lol. so if you want to wait for the M8, I say wait a couple month after launch, that is something to consider imo.
This is what I was also worried about when I got my One. I got it the day after release in the UK and figured I would have some issues with it, due to it being the very first build.
Luckily though I've had no issues whatsoever. The only defects I've got is a couple of dead pixels (which I don't notice most of the time anyway) and a slight lift on the top right corner of the phone. As those defects are really minor, and in no way cause for me to return the phone, I've not been bothered by them. The One is way too good for me to be put off by such minor blemishes

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 4.19.401.8 | S-OFF ]
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 552
Quote:
thanks
convert you mean LTE enabled?
maybe after my country support LTE as well

I'm will hold my passion to root & s-off because the purple tint issue, the warranty still needed
now after update to 4.3, there a bit purple noise near the side.
no it will not enable LTE as the M7_U use MDM8215 Dual-carrier HSPA+ modem and M7_UL MDM9215 Multi-Mode LTE modem

the main benefit of converting to M7_UL is faster ota update. I was stock on 4.1.2 with my M7_U
Tags
htc one, should i buy, worth buying