Going to AOSP from TW 4.3

Tip us?

mani16985
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default Going to AOSP from TW 4.3

Hello friends,

I'm a happy touchwiz user running DN3 v3 with mj5 bootloader (knox free). All is well.
But i want to try new AOSP 4.4 builds like PARANOIDANDROID, PAC, omni etc. Is it possible to do that like from latest knox free bootloader and tw4.3 TO aosp?
Has anybody tried this? please suggest what procedure should i follow.

thanks
Current Devices:
  1. Samsung Galaxy Note II (awesome gadget)
  2. iPhone 3 (Secondary phone)
  3. Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (Wife's phone)
  4. Sony Tab S
  5. HTC Wildfire - Retired

Ruwin
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani16985 View Post
Hello friends,

I'm a happy touchwiz user running DN3 v3 with mj5 bootloader (knox free). All is well.
But i want to try new AOSP 4.4 builds like PARANOIDANDROID, PAC, omni etc. Is it possible to do that like from latest knox free bootloader and tw4.3 TO aosp?
Has anybody tried this? please suggest what procedure should i follow.

thanks
Hey,

You will love AOSP! I have tried CM11 and OMNI, and both were smooth and stable. You will have a much faster phone but you will use all the Samsung apps, including the S-Pen tricks. Your S-pen will still work though.
My advice? Well:

1. Make a Nandroid Backup (using your custom recovery). You might wanna get back to your current ROM if anything goes south or you just don't like AOSP.
2. Update your custom recovery. Actually I would suggest you do this even if you don't flash any AOSP 4.4 ROMs. I recommend TWRP 2.6.3.x.
3. Make a full wipe before installing anything. Full wipe means everything but your SD cards (internal and external). Though, I would recommend to also wipe your internal SD card, after you back up your stuff (watch out not to lose your nandroid backups that might be on your internal SD).
4. Flash the ROM you choose and be very careful to read the flashing instructions. You'll feel like an a$$hole if you ask for help on the ROMs thread and find out that you missed some step because you didn't read the OP carefully.
5. Usually you'll have to flash other fixes/addons for everything to work. Look for them in the OP, if it's needed or recommended, it will be listed there.

I hope that helps! Come back if you have trouble.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, powered by OmniROM (AOSP 4.4 KitKat based) and Ditto Note 3.

- Read before you post!
- Remember, you're a guest; follow the house rules.
- Be polite, thank people who helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruwin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yu133
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Post flash AOSP

Just flash as usual but remember you need to read the instruction carefully for each aosp rom forum.

1. you need to use cwm 6.0.3.7 version onward or TWRP 2.6.1.0 ( can search through xda forum)
2. Do full wipe including System, Data, Cache, Dalvik, Android Secure, and Preload.
3. Flash the aosp rom you prefer
4. Flash the gapps
5. reboots (It might take some time for first time)
The Following User Says Thank You to yu133 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mani16985
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Ok thanks guys, I'll try it today.

Sent from my BE(a)ST.. Samsung Galaxy Note2
Current Devices:
  1. Samsung Galaxy Note II (awesome gadget)
  2. iPhone 3 (Secondary phone)
  3. Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (Wife's phone)
  4. Sony Tab S
  5. HTC Wildfire - Retired