[Q] Galaxy S4 Tweaks

Search This thread

SamJamz

Aug 3, 2010
Boynton Beach
Okay, so here's my question. The whole reason I went over to iPhone is because of all the tweaks. With a jailbroken iPhone you can download a tweak for Pandora for unlimited skips... and no ads... With a jailbroken iPhone you can download a tweak to push one button and kill all running programs.... Witha jailbroken iPhone you can download tweaks for Snapchat....Candy crush and TONS others!!! Its all right there for you in Cydia. So my question is..... If I get the Galaxy S4.... and I root it.... are there tweaks available for it like this?? And if so... where do I get them?

This is the mighty question!!!!!

Thanks

( I swear if I come back to android I'll start creating boot animations again )

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
Okay, so here's my question. The whole reason I went over to iPhone is because of all the tweaks. With a jailbroken iPhone you can download a tweak for Pandora for unlimited skips... and no ads... With a jailbroken iPhone you can download a tweak to push one button and kill all running programs.... Witha jailbroken iPhone you can download tweaks for Snapchat....Candy crush and TONS others!!! Its all right there for you in Cydia. So my question is..... If I get the Galaxy S4.... and I root it.... are there tweaks available for it like this?? And if so... where do I get them?

This is the mighty question!!!!!

Thanks

( I swear if I come back to android I'll start creating boot animations again )

I don't think using Apple terminology in an Android forum a lot of people will help you... if you are thinking in change from ios to Android, you should change your mind chip. 95% of you-called Apple tweaks by jailbreaking you can do them in Android even without root, and if you root it, you will be able to do 200% amount of thing you would do in jailbroken ios.

Just ask us what you want to do in the appropriated sub forum and we will probably help you.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SamJamz

Aug 3, 2010
Boynton Beach
I don't think using Apple terminology in an Android forum a lot of people will help you... if you are thinking in change from ios to Android, you should change your mind chip. 95% of you-called Apple tweaks by jailbreaking you can do them in Android even without root, and if you root it, you will be able to do 200% amount of thing you would do in jailbroken ios.

Just ask us what you want to do in the appropriated sub forum and we will probably help you.

If you cant get past the reality that Apple and iPhone users have some useful tech out there as well.... well I'm just sorry. I understand the whole battle between Android and Apple well..... however, I've gotten to play on both side now for a while. With Apple... once you are jailbroken.... its very user friendly! Everything is right there in front of you.... put together in a little store called Cydia. They have little categories all set up for you... telling you what different tweaks will do..... you can download and install them with ease.... just like any other app. ( Now let me point out that I'm not defending Apple... so saying I like them better than Android, I'm simply telling you how they have their system set up!) So now I'll ask again, does android have something similar set up for their users? I like the Galaxy S4 and want to come back over.... but I want to know that I can set up my phone with all the same kinds of MODS!!! Is it possible or not?

V3ct0rIL

Nov 25, 2013
I'm not aware of any such store. I guess what we're asking is what do you mean by "mods"? For example, what kind of an additional functionality do you gain by downloading a mod to an app on an iPhone?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

SamJamz

Aug 3, 2010
Boynton Beach
I'm not aware of any such store. I guess what we're asking is what do you mean by "mods"? For example, what kind of an additional functionality do you gain by downloading a mod to an app on an iPhone?

I'm glad you asked!!! OK, on an Jailbroken iPhone you can download and install a tweak for Pandora that will allow you to have unlimited skips! Also get rid of those annoying ads. Ok, there's another tweak you can download that allows you to push one button... and download any song you're listening to on Pandora right to your phone...FOR FREE! This is just two small examples of tweaks or Mods or whatever you want to call them for the Pandora app. Now on an iPhone.... there are literately hundreds if not thousands of different tweaks... make by all different developers out there, for all different types of apps! So I want to know.... are there people/developers that are creating the same kinds of Mods or tweaks for rooted Android phones? I've forgotten why its so great to root your phone in the first place! So after rooting you can change the OS.....Great...... big deal..... what else can be done? Do you get what I'm saying now???

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
I'm glad you asked!!! OK, on an Jailbroken iPhone you can download and install a tweak for Pandora that will allow you to have unlimited skips! Also get rid of those annoying ads. Ok, there's another tweak you can download that allows you to push one button... and download any song you're listening to on Pandora right to your phone...FOR FREE! This is just two small examples of tweaks or Mods or whatever you want to call them for the Pandora app. Now on an iPhone.... there are literately hundreds if not thousands of different tweaks... make by all different developers out there, for all different types of apps! So I want to know.... are there people/developers that are creating the same kinds of Mods or tweaks for rooted Android phones? I've forgotten why its so great to root your phone in the first place! So after rooting you can change the OS.....Great...... big deal..... what else can be done? Do you get what I'm saying now???

I will insist on my argument... you should change your mind, they ar different systems, mainly Android is an completely open OS, rooted or not, while iOS is completely closed except jailbreaking, but even with jailbreak you will not able to do all things or "tweaks" as you call these things, as you can do in Android.

As V3ct0rIL said, our answer depends of what you exactly want... your desired tweaks in Android you can get by different ways in Android, depending of the intrussion grade of the "tweak". Some of them you can get in a unrooted device, most in google play, like custom launchers, you don't need to be root to use them, and they will change the interface completely, you can also "convert" your android interface in a iOS interface with some launcher apps in google play, and looking some of your tweaks in the web, using custom launcher you have Barrel, for example. You can also program icons or widgets on the desktop to do what you want using some no-root apps. You don't need airblue tweak in Android, it is a stock functionality, for iGotYa you have Cerberus App, etcetera... if you are root you will be the boss, you will be able to use root apps which will do everything you need like block ads, you can change (root or not) the kernel so that you can overclock the device, or change some tweaks or parameters in android (word "tweaks" is used in Android only for this), like unvolting, overclocking, negative image, led notifications prior S3, fast USB charging, etc... custom ROMS with your favorite "tweaks", etc...

As you can see, possibilities are infinite, so just ask or write what you want to do and we will give you how and where to find what you want...

SamJamz

Aug 3, 2010
Boynton Beach
I will insist on my argument... you should change your mind, they ar different systems, mainly Android is an completely open OS, rooted or not, while iOS is completely closed except jailbreaking, but even with jailbreak you will not able to do all things or "tweaks" as you call these things, as you can do in Android.

As V3ct0rIL said, our answer depends of what you exactly want... your desired tweaks in Android you can get by different ways in Android, depending of the intrussion grade of the "tweak". Some of them you can get in a unrooted device, most in google play, like custom launchers, you don't need to be root to use them, and they will change the interface completely, you can also "convert" your android interface in a iOS interface with some launcher apps in google play, and looking some of your tweaks in the web, using custom launcher you have Barrel, for example. You can also program icons or widgets on the desktop to do what you want using some no-root apps. You don't need airblue tweak in Android, it is a stock functionality, for iGotYa you have Cerberus App, etcetera... if you are root you will be the boss, you will be able to use root apps which will do everything you need like block ads, you can change (root or not) the kernel so that you can overclock the device, or change some tweaks or parameters in android (word "tweaks" is used in Android only for this), like unvolting, overclocking, negative image, led notifications prior S3, fast USB charging, etc... custom ROMS with your favorite "tweaks", etc...

As you can see, possibilities are infinite, so just ask or write what you want to do and we will give you how and where to find what you want...

From everything you just told me, all I heard was... By rooting the phone you can modify the phone os system. over clocking, changing the kernel, ect.... you also mentioned that a lot of things mod apps can be found in the playstore. but I really dont think youre getting what I'm asking.... and I blame it on the fact that you've never really got to experience a jailbroken iPhone... so you dont get what I'm talking about.

Are there apps, tweaks, mods, (whatever you want to call them!!!!!) in the Android world.... that make apps do things there not suppose to? Or make them better? Are they available in the play store.... is there a site you can download and then install them. I really just dont think there is! Or everyone here would have answered the question already! Jailbroken iPhones are just better! Yes its amazingly cool the Android is an open OS..... but theres a reason! No ones writing any cool **** for them..... if I'm wrong.... point me in the direction of some cool **** !!!! Prove me wrong !!

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington

There's an awesome tweak on Android that allows you to have unlimited skips and no ads on Pandora radio.
It's called not being a tight arse and buying the app from the Play Store.
It's a really great app and the developers deserve the small amount they're asking for month.
If you use the app and enjoy it, pay for it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
From everything you just told me, all I heard was... By rooting the phone you can modify the phone os system. over clocking, changing the kernel, ect.... you also mentioned that a lot of things mod apps can be found in the playstore. but I really dont think youre getting what I'm asking.... and I blame it on the fact that you've never really got to experience a jailbroken iPhone... so you dont get what I'm talking about.

Are there apps, tweaks, mods, (whatever you want to call them!!!!!) in the Android world.... that make apps do things there not suppose to? Or make them better? Are they available in the play store.... is there a site you can download and then install them. I really just dont think there is! Or everyone here would have answered the question already! Jailbroken iPhones are just better! Yes its amazingly cool the Android is an open OS..... but theres a reason! No ones writing any cool **** for them..... if I'm wrong.... point me in the direction of some cool **** !!!! Prove me wrong !!

I repeat, change your mind, one mind while you are using ios, one while you are using android... If your question is if there is a only app, store, or something like that as Cydia where you can find ALL mods, tweaks, launchers,etc, together, the answer is NO, you wont. If your question is if there are mods, tweaks, launchers, custom kernels and ROM in Android to personalize the device to your person, YES, there are, a lot. If your question is Where can you find them, the answer is IN SEVERAL PLACES depending the aggressive grade, the functionality, etc. Some of then, most, you will find in Google Play (there are several ways to find something), some of them in cookers blogs, and a lot of them in forums like this.

Consider that an open system as Android permit a lot of people around the world work together to get all these things (xda projects, Cyanogenmod, etc are some examples) and a level of personalization and freedom much greater than iOS. You could learn to cook a custom ROM with a custom launcher with all the fantasies you want, for example...

Apart of this, if you are thinking jailbroken iphones are better and you get a higher freedom than Android phones, really man, you are not only in the wrong place, but you are just wrong considering going back to Android from iOS or considering buying a Samsung...

SamJamz

Aug 3, 2010
Boynton Beach
There's an awesome tweak on Android that allows you to have unlimited skips and no ads on Pandora radio.
It's a really great app and the developers deserve the small amount they're asking for month.

Have fun with that..... Although the phone itself is very cool. I'll stick with the jailbroken goodness....

But just ask yourself this one question.... If there's so many millions of people out there that love iPhone and jailbreaking.... don't you think there has to be something good about it?

I was like you at one point.... a non believer..... I went on and on to my friends with iPhones about how they were missing out.... and how much better Android was.... Until one day I was just tired of changing OS's and trying other peoples stuff... I switched to the iPhone 4s when it first came out.... I studied online how to jailbreak it.... and when I did.... I couldn't believe all the things I could do with it.... It was amazing! No one has told me anything....and I mean ANYTHING that says I should come back. some one prove me wrong !!!!

Reactions: Obagleyfreer

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009

AdAway or ROM Toolbox can block all ads in all apps installed in the phone.

nucwin

Jan 28, 2011
There are cracked versions of software on Android just like all OS'. But this is not the place to ask where you get such applications. Most applications on the market have free versions with mildly annoying adverts etc but offer the full app, ad free for very reasonable prices. If you like the app and use it often then buy it.

On the customization point a rooted android is just a linux computer the possibilities are endless, there is also many choices when it comes to roms and software tweaks (depending on handset), you can even put thing on your home screen.

Last edited:

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
I'm done with this debate.....jailbreaking is just better...... I've played on both sides...... they won... simple as that!

I am not sure if your question was serious or just to poke people in here (not my situation), but anyway man, if you are happy, I also will, so if you prefer, you won, congratulation, enjoy your wonderful iPhone, you are happy and I will sleep really glad.

Last edited:

Bigbabyjesus

Mar 16, 2012
Omega ROM for s4 has a "tweak hub" or whatever. It sounds like cindya. But that's just a small part of rooting. Ease of access to tweaks and mods is as simple as looking for what you want and applying it with android. If you aren't interested in learning beyond the "user friendly way" Android can accommodate you, but it will never be iOS.

V3ct0rIL

Nov 25, 2013
Guys and gals, I just think that us and OP have a different mindset. Sounds to me like OP is a regular user, who, among other things, doesn't necessarily like to pay devs for their work, while we look at things from a technical standpoint. Just a different look on things. I bet what OP wants is the infamous Black Market, or whatever it's called.

Granted, I will argue that Android community is actually better off without such people (sorry, OP, no offense intended), as I would rather have a community of people who appreciate devs' work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me explain it as clearly as possible.

I have owned every iteration of iPhone that has ever been out.

I used Cydia and had my device jailbroken, even back when you had to use ultrasn0w to unlock iOS to use on tmobile. I used winterboard & summerboard and various tweaks for UI changes and OpenSSH to interact with the phone to put in themes and various package files and such, and even more recently the 4S on 6.x

I can tell you that every tweak I have ever seen on iOS there is an Android equivalent and is less taxing to apply. Some of the things you mention are technically stealing from developers, so we do not endorse that on this site and it is actually against the rules to discuss.

For custom UI things we have dozens of launchers and tweaks on Android so you don't have to do stupid things like create dozens of iBlank icons just to add a widget nor move the icons where you want them. Android also does not have a third party app store akin to Cydia because the Google Play store is not as restrictive as the Apple App Store, and anything not available in the Play Store is very easily side-loaded as an APK file. You can technically side-load apps in iOS, but it's a pain to do.

Not to mention there is no jailbreak for the iPhone 5S and iOS7 etc so you'd have to wait forever to get the tweaks you want on the newer iDevices anyways.

If you have specific questions on how to do something you liked in iOS in Android on an S4, then search and ask, and as long as you are not talking about pirating apps, or stealing in-app purchases or anything else that is considered warez, you will have a suitable answer.

Does that answer your question?

If you really want to get into which is better, a jailbroken iOS device (currently the "best" iPhone cannot even be jailbroken) or a rooted Android device, I can give you literally dozens of things a rooted Android device can do that a jailbroken iOS device cannot. But this isn't what this thread is about, is it?

My congrats to the OP, this wins most retarded thread I've seen on XDA in 2013.
    OP is just looking for an argument, some mod should close this thread because it's useless.
    This is the absolute most awkward and retarded thread over the entire forum!
    Congratulations!

IB4L