5,603,920 Members 41,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my Android phone dead?-- Help!

Tip us?

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Is my Android phone dead?-- Help!

I don't want to make a really long post so I'll get straight to the point:

I own a rooted ALCATEL OT-991d. So today I was scrolling through App Manager when I saw Google Services Framework. So the thing is, after the root, my phone started having errors I didn't have before. My download notifications in the System UI from the Browser and Google Play wont vanish. I'll press clear and after a time it's all going to vanish but after a few minutes or after I open Google Play it just goes back again.

So here's the problem: I thought that Google Services Framework was the culprit (I know that was very stupid of me. Now I know what it is for) so I deleted it. Actually I hesitated and cancelled the operation but it was too late. So I tried looking the solution up, but to no avail. I downloaded 3 types of the said Framework but it wont install. I kept on getting the "Application Not Installed" Error.

So now I did a Factory Reset. So everything worked fine, except for the Setup Wizard. I was able to set the language and such but when I came to the "Set Up Google Account" part, it kept of crashing (because Google Service Framework is already gone) thus a fruitless loop. Now I can't even use my phone at all 'cause I can't bypass the freaking Setup Wizard.

Any tips? I can't buy a new phone at the moment so I'm at my wits end here.

I'm sorry for the long post and if I violated anything, it's because I'm quite new here.

My phone is on Android 2.3.6. I didn't have a chance to check the baseband etc. 'cause I never knew this would happen. But if you guys need it I can check my sister's device since we have the same phone. Thanks!

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update

Okay I found a solution..

I want to install a new ROM but I don't know how. I downloaded something like an Android 2.3.6 ROM and when I try to install it it says the signing failed blah blah. Help? Do I have to wipe the phone of its stock ROM?

Can anyone provide me with a working ROM for Alcatel OT-991d? Stock ROM's fine.

Thanks!

backb0ne5p1d0r
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui-Ren View Post
Okay I found a solution..

I want to install a new ROM but I don't know how. I downloaded something like an Android 2.3.6 ROM and when I try to install it it says the signing failed blah blah. Help? Do I have to wipe the phone of its stock ROM?

Can anyone provide me with a working ROM for Alcatel OT-991d? Stock ROM's fine.

Thanks!
When it says zip verification failed its because you need to install a custom recovery like Clockworkmod or TWRP in order to flash custom ROMs
And Mate, Always do some searching before asking a question! There's already a guide on xda-developers teaching how to flash the stock ROM on Alcatel OT-991d
Anyway, I hope your phone works! Good luck

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to backb0ne5p1d0r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by backb0ne5p1d0r View Post
When it says zip verification failed its because you need to install a custom recovery like Clockworkmod or TWRP in order to flash custom ROMs
And Mate, Always do some searching before asking a question! There's already a guide on xda-developers teaching how to flash the stock ROM on Alcatel OT-991d
Anyway, I hope your phone works! Good luck

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ah yes, my bad. I only learned of Clockworkmod after I posted this thread. Sorry

About the thread, is this the one you're referring to? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2162945

backb0ne5p1d0r
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Ah yes, my bad. I only learned of Clockworkmod after I posted this thread. Sorry

About the thread, is this the one you're referring to? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2162945
Yes That was the one i was referring to !
And don't be sorry , you didn't make any mistake

Rui-Ren
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backb0ne5p1d0r View Post
Yes That was the one i was referring to !
And don't be sorry , you didn't make any mistake
Ah yes, I did check that thread. It was just for bricked phones.

I was able to fix it. I updated the ROM. I used Alcatel Upgrade S for it. The sad part is now I have to start all over again 'cause I had to perform a hard reset and I wiped the old ROM.

Lesson Learned: Never delete Google Services Framework

PradeepMurugan
Old
Thanks Meter 222

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ah yes, I did check that thread. It was just for bricked phones.

I was able to fix it. I updated the ROM. I used Alcatel Upgrade S for it. The sad part is now I have to start all over again 'cause I had to perform a hard reset and I wiped the old ROM.

Lesson Learned: Never delete Google Services Framework

always have a nandroid backupin cwm and then play with system files