XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] question about roms

Tip us?

sly_guy069
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] question about roms

Im really interested in a s4 rom, just got today but having some trouble finding a rom for sprint, first is there a way to get wicked tmoble working on sprint gs4, if not what is the most comparable rom to wicked for sprint s4(full customization while still retaining all TW features, hotspot, and so on)? any help appreciated.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1182
Dude, take some time and read. Then go and read some more.
Check our all the forums and read some more.
Also please read the forum rules, xda rules and etiquette.
All the information you are requesting is here to be found.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
* MK2/NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.3/4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.

sly_guy069
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder View Post
Dude, take some time and read. Then go and read some more.
Check our all the forums and read some more.
Also please read the forum rules, xda rules and etiquette.
All the information you are requesting is here to be found.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
So i have read, and what i have found is that if the rom is for sprint it doesnt have anything, im not asking for a best rom or whats your advice on a good rom, im saying i switched from carriers and am trying to find the closest rom to my old carriers rom. So far i have tried a coulple roms, either missing TW features that wicked had or not customizable at all(or what im trying to change). And FYI theres not much reading to do when it comes to the sprint roms, there is what 12 of them that are close to updated? and only 18 TW roms that i could find(and also only 18 listed on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303917, but anyways thanks for not helping at all. If i was just lazy i would have asked what is the best rom but i would like other users advice on a similar rom, isnt that the point of the forums? And im hoping someone else made the switch to sprint and can give me some advice considering so far 4 roms i have tried have not compared at all to wickeds level and no i dont plan or want to put the ported wicked 5 on my gs4 seeing as how old it is. I have done my research on the roms and there features like i said its around 12 roms that are updated and most dont have anything that makes them shot past the stock roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to sly_guy069 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frostedunit
Old
Thanks Meter 268
The only way to figure out what the best rom for you is, is testing them out yourself.

No two roms on the same carrier, let alone across carriers, are going to have exactly the same features.

And if you're unhappy with your perceived lack of ROM support on this phone, you could always learn to develop your own personal ROM that has all the features that you want.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to frostedunit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]