XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't fastboot, won't recognize via USB, can't update recovery

Tip us?

darkstknight1523
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can't fastboot, won't recognize via USB, can't update recovery

I am having a hell of a time trying to get my phone back to a fully operable phone. I was running SlimBean but had GPS issues so I switched to Carbon. GPS works, but MMS (sending AND receiving) and data connection after WiFi disconnect doesn't work. But now my real problem is not being able to flash a new ROM. I hoped to install a 4.4 ROM, but that requires me to install an update to my recovery. When I boot to bootloader, I select Fastboot (it is highlighted in red), but it does nothing to allow me to install a newer .IMG. Am I missing something?

Not only that, but I'm not able to get my phone to be recognized by the computer that I previously never had an issue with. The phone charges via USB but is not visible by the computer. I've turned on USB debugging in settings, but the computer does not even see it as a device in Device Manager. Is it possible that I've fouled something up physically on my USB port or is it a software/ROM issue? I have even installed a stable 4.3 ROM (cyanogen), and I still can't get the PC to see that I'm connected.

Anyone have any ideas?
Blackberry 7250 >> Motorola Q >> Motorola Droid >> Motorola Droid 2 >> Samsung Galaxy Nexus >> HTC One

Viewsonic Gtab >> Asus Transformer eeePad

jbh00jh
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Try Flashify from the market to flash the recovery img.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1
HTC ONE
HTC DNA
Galaxy Tab 10.1
Kindle Fire HD