XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MGA bootloader & 4.3 via TWRP

Tip us?

nucwin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] MGA bootloader & 4.3 via TWRP

Ive been trying to upgrade my rooted I9505 to 4.3 without getting any of the knox bootloader.

I have installed I9505XXUEMK8-PRE-ROOTED-DeOdex-KNOXFree-SupeSlim-CWM.zip via TWRP but get really intermittent signal & data (no entry is on most the time).

I tried upgrading my modem via ODIN to I9505_XXUEMK8_MODEM.tar but after the reboot the modem is still MGA (tried several times once without the reboot option ticked)

I've also tried finding my CSC using *#1234# but every time it loads SuperSU and when i press back it just goes to Phone.

Any suggestions or past experiences welcome and greatly appreciated. I really wanna check out the hidden permissions control in 4.3

flyingkiwi2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucwin View Post
Ive been trying to upgrade my rooted I9505 to 4.3 without getting any of the knox bootloader.

I have installed I9505XXUEMK8-PRE-ROOTED-DeOdex-KNOXFree-SupeSlim-CWM.zip via TWRP but get really intermittent signal & data (no entry is on most the time).

I tried upgrading my modem via ODIN to I9505_XXUEMK8_MODEM.tar but after the reboot the modem is still MGA (tried several times once without the reboot option ticked)

I've also tried finding my CSC using *#1234# but every time it loads SuperSU and when i press back it just goes to Phone.

Any suggestions or past experiences welcome and greatly appreciated. I really wanna check out the hidden permissions control in 4.3
I have just done that but installed rom using Philz

Modem tar file must go into PHONE in Odin

Autoreboot must be unticked

Flash modem once

Reboot straight into download again

Flash modem again

Important modem must be flashed twice
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingkiwi2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nucwin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
That's worked thanks very muchly. Will now test for a few hours to make sure it solved the intermittent signal issue

to clarify for anyone else trying this:

1) boot to download mode
2) select modem as PHONE
3) untick auto-reboot
4) click start, wait for red text on phone to say END (ODIN will say RES OK!!)
5) hold power button to power off
6) boot straight back into Download mode
7) exit ODIN and reopen
8) follow steps 2 -> 5
9) boot back to android and check it worked