XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(HELP) Samsung Galaxy SIII GTi9300 Problems

Tip us?

Palfreey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down (HELP) Samsung Galaxy SIII GTi9300 Problems

I recieved a Galaxy SIII GTi9300 Unlocked (I am British) for my birthday a few weeks, and I rooted and flashed Clockwork Recovery a couple of days ago. I first installed PacRom, as it seemed to suit my customising needs the most, and I don't really like TouchWiz at all, and I encountered a few problems. The camera was refusing to open. stating 'Camera Error, Can't connect to the camera.' and the WiFi was playing up big time. I was at my neighbors house when I did the root and flash so I was trying to connect to his WiFi with the newly flashed phone, and I would type the passsword in correctly, it would state it was connecting and then would simply say it was a saved, secure network, not having connected at all. I gave up on the ROM and went back to TouchWiz. Today, I decided to try again, this time with a separate ROM, AOKP in this case. I went through the procedure again, and I had it flashed in around half an hour after turning my computer on. After playing around on the ROM, I encountered the same camera problem, and a similar problem with the WiFi. I have been through the forums, changing the SSID and password of my WiFi network,, to no avail. I managed to connect when my phone was leaning against the router with a static IP but I wasn't able to connect to the Play Store or anything. Can anyone help me please? This is getting really frustrating now, as my new phone is disappointing me.

Thanks,
Will, 14

Casujo
Old
(Last edited by Casujo; 26th November 2013 at 03:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
How did you install y he rom.? Try wipe cache and wipe dalvik.
If error continous try Install again the rom wipping data.

Always i do that and i never had any problem.

Edit: sorry for my enlish
Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Palfreey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casujo View Post
How did you install y he rom.? Try wipe cache and wipe dalvik.
If error continous try Install again the rom wipping data.

Always i do that and i never had any problem.

Edit: sorry for my enlish
Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
Tried that, then flashed SuperNexus ROM to no avail, with the same problem as the previous ROMs. Will using a new kernel help out? Apparently that may help but I don't know how to install one. Could anyone help me on how to do this please? Maybe a tutorial or something, thanks.