[Q] why apps dont work in custom ROMS

Tip us?

geosnipe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default [Q] why apps dont work in custom ROMS

Hello,
First I am having to post here because I can't POST in the actual forum at this time. Can someone tell me why I am unable to install some factory and nonfactory apps in custom ROM builds? If this has to do with ODEX and DEODEX can someone tell me how to see if an app is OD or DEOD? Is it possible in a simple way to DEOD an app? Thanks, as I am hoping to get QuickTranslator working in Malladus.

mchlbenner
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnipe View Post
Hello,
First I am having to post here because I can't POST in the actual forum at this time. Can someone tell me why I am unable to install some factory and nonfactory apps in custom ROM builds? If this has to do with ODEX and DEODEX can someone tell me how to see if an app is OD or DEOD? Is it possible in a simple way to DEOD an app? Thanks, as I am hoping to get QuickTranslator working in Malladus.
Most likely not supported.

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda premium

RieGo
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello,
it's not that easy

- you can't install them because they are odexed
- if the apk contains a classes.dex file it's deodexed and you can install it
- you can deodex them with some tools and the stock rom framework (use google)
- most apps won't work on custom roms because they have special dependencies and stuff...

btw:
Quote:
This device has its own Q&A Forum... Please use it. Questions do not go in GENERAL.

PeartFan40
Old
Thanks Meter 1401
I've never had a problem installing apps.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jimi Mack
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Hello,
Malladus has on his list of downloads where you got the Rom from is a file called LG Apps, you would flash this as then get all the LG Apps that have been removed. If you want only LG Quick Translator which by the way is in the file or any other LG App in the zip file, open the zip file in say 7Zip and go to System / App and then delete each program you do not want to install. Place the remaining zip file on your phone and flash from recovery. Easy and done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimi Mack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]