5,595,760 Members 40,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Almost perfect way to Set dpi on Note 3.(Root)

Tip us?

kga92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a problem with setting the dpi of the samsung phone app with this app, everything else works fine. I set the dpi first by editing the build prop but the dialer did not like it so i tried to set it back to original dpi but it wont respond to any changes, only option is to revert the build prop.

joshndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Use solid explorer or root explorers and change the LCD density in build prop. I am using 350 at the moment and it's been good... I then use the xposed module app settings to change the Samsung apps like phone and calculator back to 480 so they don't look ridiculous all bunched up in the corner of the screen.. worked a treat on every rom I use.. do it on kitkat roms on my nexus 4 and s4 with no dramas as well until a PA type rom comes out
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Otterbox case couldn't save the first one from a 3 foot fall out of pocket
The Following User Says Thank You to joshndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kga92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshndroid View Post
Use solid explorer or root explorers and change the LCD density in build prop. I am using 350 at the moment and it's been good... I then use the xposed module app settings to change the Samsung apps like phone and calculator back to 480 so they don't look ridiculous all bunched up in the corner of the screen.. worked a treat on every rom I use.. do it on kitkat roms on my nexus 4 and s4 with no dramas as well until a PA type rom comes out
This is how i did it, sorry for my previous confusing post. Problem is, the phone app does not respond to any of the changes, the xposed app works fine on chrome etc. though.

and2
Old
Thanks Meter 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga92 View Post
This is how i did it, sorry for my previous confusing post. Problem is, the phone app does not respond to any of the changes, the xposed app works fine on chrome etc. though.
change the dpi of secContacs.apk not secPhone.apk
Configurations:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
Sweet ROM V14 216dpi, Knox 0x1, with X(periacle)-stuff, tkari4īs Multi Dpi Apps and Note pro 12.2 Apps (by my owen) + Blinkfeed

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (now for my wife)
X-ROM with TABLET, PHABLET & PHONE with ALL NEW Floating Windows

b00mb00mchuck
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
How do we enable tablet mode on this phone
We don't have tablet mode on the Note 3 ... first thing I tried to do with a bunch of different dpi settings and it's a no go.

joshndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00mb00mchuck View Post
We don't have tablet mode on the Note 3 ... first thing I tried to do with a bunch of different dpi settings and it's a no go.
tablet mode has been removed from base android since 4.2 or 4.3 (i cant recall which one right now).

when you see it in a rom it is the re-addition in xml layout files to enable the 'tablet' mode again

^^^ read this in another thread

i wouldn't mind giving tablet mode a go again myself on such a large device when we see some AOSP love that will enable it again
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Otterbox case couldn't save the first one from a 3 foot fall out of pocket