XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep Losing Network and Data Connections

Tip us?

3xpt0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Keep Losing Network and Data Connections

Don't know if anyone else has had this issue in this forum, but I have found several others with same issue in other locations. No one has come up with answer and HTC has been no help.

If I lose my signal, due to location or if I drop off of wi/fi and go to cellular data, it seems that the phone loses the ability to make or receive calls or texts. For example, if I leave a strong signal area and drop to edge service or none, and then return to a good signal location, the phone shows full bars and 4G but if you try to make a call it will not connect or if someone calls in they just go to voice mail. I have to reboot the phone and all is good. This seems to happen several times a day, never any issues with iphone 4s or Galaxy S3.

Here is what I have done and then after the fact HTC sent me an email telling me to do same thing.

1. Got new sim card.....HTC is convinced that the sim from my iphone was not good.
2. Exchanged for new phone.
3. Ran phone without syncing to my google account or any downloads.

Still same issue with losing connection. Most of the time I don't realize it until someone says, hey I have been trying to call you. I reboot phone and, wow, several missed calls and bunches of texts.

Let's see what they have to offer after the complaint.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IroniX2
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hey, similar problem here

The difference is that I only loose mobile internet when disconnecting from wifi in AOSP roms (and GE), on sense roms it seems fine.

I have however noticed a pattern, it might help some one figure it out, but it might help you too.

I only lose Internet when disconnecting from wifi If 4G Is on, if I force my phone to not use 4G, then I don't loose network.

Also, if I do loose network, a reboot isn't required, you can simply Turn airplane mode on and off, that has always worked for me.

Ps: to force the phone off 4G I do the following :
1: open dialer
2: type : *#*#4636#*#*
3: go in "phone information"
4: under "Set preferred network type" set it to "wcdma preferred"

The reason I prefer this method is that it's always the same no matter the rom.

Pps: my baseband is 4A.17.3250.17, if that matters for any reason.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to IroniX2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xvid27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem here....

Not solved...try everything...but no luck....

Dano79
Old
Thanks Meter 147
I get it too seems like the phones radio doesn't switch frequencies as smooth as other phones.