5,593,587 Members 37,706 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] After trying to update firmware, stuck in fastboot with "RUU USB". Oops I guess

Tip us?
 
qzcgd
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 119
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal
Default [Q] After trying to update firmware, stuck in fastboot with "RUU USB". Oops I guess

Hey guys,

I tried updating the firmware of my HTC One using this file. Well, it did not work.
My One is an M7_UL from Canada with PID PN07120000 with S-OFF and Super CID. I was previous running Android Revolution HD 31.5 with ElementalX (which was the 10.0 version according to my download history).

Here is exactly what I did after backing up my phone (no nandroid, yes I know I am an idiot) :

Code:
fastboot erase cache
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.065s]
finished. total time: 0.065s


fastboot oem rebootRUU
...
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [  0.049s]
finished. total time: 0.049s


fastboot flash zip /Users/vincentattanasio/Downloads/firmware_4.4.zip 
target reported max download size of 1526722560 bytes
sending 'zip' (25032 KB)...
OKAY [  2.155s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 3.725s


fastboot flash zip /Users/vincentattanasio/Downloads/firmware_4.4.zip 
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'zip' (25032 KB)...
OKAY [  2.149s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[rpm] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,rpm,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,rpm,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-1] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-1,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-1,100
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) verified fail
(bootloader) ..... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-2] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-2,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-2,100
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) verified fail
(bootloader) ..... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-3] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-3,100
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-3,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl2] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl2,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl2,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl2,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl2,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl3] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl3,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl3,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[tp] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tp,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tp,100
(bootloader) ..... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[tz] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tz,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tz,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[radio] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,6
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,12
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,18
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,24
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,30
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,37
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,43
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,49
ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002ed
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 12.763s


fastboot oem rebootRUU
ERROR: could not get pipe properties
ERROR: could not get pipe properties
...
ERROR: bulkOut endpoint not assigned
FAILED (command write failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 0.000s
So clearly, something went wrong. My screen is currently showing this (actual picture)
Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1 (4.06.1540.2)
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Nov 29 2013,20:47:04.0

RUU USB
That is not a problem I have previously encountered, and since no fastboot command responds; this is one situation in which I have no idea what to do.

I have helped as many as I could in this forum, and would REALLY appreciate that some of you guys help me with this... I was careless but I need my phone
If you do NOT quote my post, I will not know you answered and will be unable to assist you any further.

Bell Mobility (Canada) - HTC One - Android Revolution HD 31.0 Sense 5.5

[GUIDE] How to S-OFF/Flash/Fix Your HTC One When Something Has Gone Wrong
 
n1234d
Old
#2  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 154
Posts: 516
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by attanasi0 View Post
Hey guys,

I tried updating the firmware of my HTC One using this file. Well, it did not work.
My One is an M7_UL from Canada with PID PN07120000 with S-OFF and Super CID. I was previous running Android Revolution HD 31.5 with ElementalX (which was the 10.0 version according to my download history).

Here is exactly what I did after backing up my phone (no nandroid, yes I know I am an idiot) :

Code:
fastboot erase cache
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.065s]
finished. total time: 0.065s


fastboot oem rebootRUU
...
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [  0.049s]
finished. total time: 0.049s


fastboot flash zip /Users/vincentattanasio/Downloads/firmware_4.4.zip 
target reported max download size of 1526722560 bytes
sending 'zip' (25032 KB)...
OKAY [  2.155s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 3.725s


fastboot flash zip /Users/vincentattanasio/Downloads/firmware_4.4.zip 
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'zip' (25032 KB)...
OKAY [  2.149s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[rpm] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,rpm,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,rpm,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-1] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-1,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-1,100
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) verified fail
(bootloader) ..... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-2] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-2,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-2,100
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) verified fail
(bootloader) ..... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[sbl1-3] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl1-3,100
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-3,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl2] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl2,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl2,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl2,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl2,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[sbl3] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,sbl3,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl3,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl3,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[tp] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tp,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tp,100
(bootloader) ..... Bypassed
(bootloader) start image[tz] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tz,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,tz,100
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
(bootloader) start image[radio] unzipping & flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,0
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,6
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,12
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,18
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,24
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,30
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,37
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,43
(bootloader) [RUU]UZ,radio,49
ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002ed
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 12.763s


fastboot oem rebootRUU
ERROR: could not get pipe properties
ERROR: could not get pipe properties
...
ERROR: bulkOut endpoint not assigned
FAILED (command write failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 0.000s
So clearly, something went wrong. My screen is currently showing this (actual picture)
Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.401.1 (4.06.1540.2)
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Nov 29 2013,20:47:04.0

RUU USB
That is not a problem I have previously encountered, and since no fastboot command responds; this is one situation in which I have no idea what to do.

I have helped as many as I could in this forum, and would REALLY appreciate that some of you guys help me with this... I was careless but I need my phone
Bad download?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
 
medina0644
Old
#3  
medina0644's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2009
Not sure if the file name has anything to do with it. I've renamed mine to firmware.zip and removed any extras on the name.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to medina0644 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
graphorce
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hey, I had the exact same issue yesterday (although with a different firmware flash), just unplug your phone and reconnect it. Try fastboot reboot, your phone will reboot just fine and load, you won't get a signal because your radio wasn't completely flashed. Go back to RUU mode and try it again, it took me about 3-4 tries to actually get it to work. Wait till it says "100% all done". You're definitely not bricked, yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to graphorce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
qzcgd
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 119
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
Bad download?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I'm guessing, just don't know how to fix it. I'm scared if I try to boot it back up it'll stay stuck or something...
If you do NOT quote my post, I will not know you answered and will be unable to assist you any further.

Bell Mobility (Canada) - HTC One - Android Revolution HD 31.0 Sense 5.5

[GUIDE] How to S-OFF/Flash/Fix Your HTC One When Something Has Gone Wrong
 
qzcgd
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 119
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphorce View Post
Hey, I had the exact same issue yesterday (although with a different firmware flash), just unplug your phone and reconnect it. Try fastboot reboot, your phone will reboot just fine and load, you won't get a signal because your radio wasn't completely flashed. Go back to RUU mode and try it again, it took me about 3-4 tries to actually get it to work. Wait till it says "100% all done". You're definitely not bricked, yet.
Wow. lol
Most anticlimatic solution ever. And it works. I was so scared I had ****ed something up.

That'll teach me for being impatient.

Sorry about panicking, and thanks a whole lot to you two guys, you were great support.

Still can't believe this **** lol
If you do NOT quote my post, I will not know you answered and will be unable to assist you any further.

Bell Mobility (Canada) - HTC One - Android Revolution HD 31.0 Sense 5.5

[GUIDE] How to S-OFF/Flash/Fix Your HTC One When Something Has Gone Wrong
 
graphorce
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by attanasi0 View Post
Wow. lol
Most anticlimatic solution ever. And it works. I was so scared I had ****ed something up.

That'll teach me for being impatient.

Sorry about panicking, and thanks a whole lot to you two guys, you were great support.

Still can't believe this **** lol
Hah, I was scared as well, but then just did it. It appears these phones don't like the new radios. Only happens when it's flashing the radio part. Anyway, happy to help!
 
farang4u
Old
(Last edited by farang4u; 1st December 2013 at 08:02 AM.)
#8  
farang4u's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 206
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphorce View Post
Hey, I had the exact same issue yesterday (although with a different firmware flash), just unplug your phone and reconnect it. Try fastboot reboot, your phone will reboot just fine and load, you won't get a signal because your radio wasn't completely flashed. Go back to RUU mode and try it again, it took me about 3-4 tries to actually get it to work. Wait till it says "100% all done". You're definitely not bricked, yet.
I've had the same boot screen when I tried to run an unsuccessful RUU. The RUU dialog instructed me to unplug the phone and reboot (I used the power and volume down method). The normal bootloader returned. I don't think you're bricked also.

Edit: Too slow in posting. Glad that you're back on track.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: Google Nexus 5
Rom: Mahdi Rom 2.5
Kernal: Franco r33
Recovery: CWM 6.04.7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Now Available!

About two weeks ago at the BUILD conference in San Francisco, Microsoft unveiled Windows … more

Prevent Unwanted Butt Dialing with Smart Pocket Guard

You may recall that back in August of last year, we took a look atAir SwiperbyXDA … more

Google ATAP Details Project Ara in Developers’ Conference

Earlier today, the Google ATAP teamkicked offits first ever Project Ara … more