5,603,981 Members 43,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Omni created another partition?

Tip us?

r3dal3rt
Old
(Last edited by r3dal3rt; 29th November 2013 at 02:41 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Flashing Omni created another partition?

Hey guys, hope you can help me out with a problem I've having after flashing Omni this week. I'm currently on the 11/28 nightly and I used to be on CM10.2. I have AT&T Galaxy Note 2 i317

So here's my problem:
- I wiped cache/dalvik/data and flashed Omni and every works fine
- However, I noticed that Omni may have created a new partition on top of my files and data from CM
- When I'm in CWM recovery, install from /sdcard, I see a folder called /0 and a bunch of folders/files from my CM10.2 days
- /0 is where I would access files saved through Omni

This is the first time I've encountered this problem. I have flashed many ROMs before deciding on living with CM; I've used Jedi, Carbon, PA, MIUI, etc and I've never had an extra partition. I cant even find the "CM partition" via root browser or ES File.

The CM partition is taking up 4GB of my storage so I would really like to delete it.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I would delete the CM partition?

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dal3rt View Post
Hey guys, hope you can help me out with a problem I've having after flashing Omni this week. I'm currently on the 11/28 nightly and I used to be on CM10.2. I have AT&T Galaxy Note 2 i317

So here's my problem:
- I wiped cache/dalvik/data and flashed Omni and every works fine
- However, I noticed that Omni may have created a new partition on top of my files and data from CM
- When I'm in CWM recovery, install from /sdcard, I see a folder called /0 and all folders from my CM10.2 days
- /0 is where I would access files saved through Omni

This is the first time I've encountered this problem. I have flashed many ROMs before deciding on living with CM; I've used Jedi, Carbon, PA, MIUI, etc and I've never had an extra partition. I cant even find the "CM partition" via root browser or ES File.

The CM partition is taking up 4GB of my storage so I would really like to delete it.

Anyone have any ideas?
If you are asking where the "/0" directory came from, that is from any version of android 4.2+ (google did that for multi-user support)

Other than that if I didn't answer your question please rephrase it as there is no real question which is usually depicted by a "?" at the end of the sentence/question.

r3dal3rt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
If you are asking where the "/0" directory came from, that is from any version of android 4.2+ (google did that for multi-user support)

Other than that if I didn't answer your question please rephrase it as there is no real question which is usually depicted by a "?" at the end of the sentence/question.
Thanks,
Basically, I want to delete the files/folders from CM partition. Im only using Omni so theres no point having data for CM.
It's currently hogging up 4GB of my storage. I tried to delete it using Root Browser, ES File, etc but it cant access it (probably, like you said, its due to the multi-user support)
Any ideas?

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks,
Basically, I want to delete the files/folders from CM partition. Im only using Omni so theres no point having data for CM.
It's currently hogging up 4GB of my storage. I tried to delete it using Root Browser, ES File, etc but it cant access it (probably, like you said, its due to the multi-user support)
Any ideas?
this is kind of extreme, but an internal storage wipe would do the trick

r3dal3rt
Old
(Last edited by r3dal3rt; 1st December 2013 at 01:02 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented View Post
this is kind of extreme, but an internal storage wipe would do the trick
Well a lot of the 4GB is pictures, music, and flashable CM10 and GAPPs zip.

In the Philz recovery there is an option to wipe everything. Is there such an option in CWM? I tried wipe system/factory reset but that only clears the 0/ directory

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

.torrented
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well a lot of the 4GB is pictures, music, and flashable CM10 and GAPPs zip.

In the Philz recovery there is an option to wipe everything. Is there such an option in CWM? I tried wipe system/factory reset but that only clears the 0/ directory

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
One should say factory reset the other should say wipe data or internal storage, using twrp it actually says internal storage