5,599,033 Members 32,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP my note 3 is dying

Tip us?

Johny201
Old
(Last edited by Johny201; 1st December 2013 at 01:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP my note 3 is dying

Hi, so the issue is my note 3 is stuck in a wierd loop.

N900A un rooted un flashed or anything. stock firmware straight from AT&A. no SD card.

ive been using it for about 3-4 days with no issues at all. today it suddenly turned off. i tried turning it on but it wont load up. i tried using the recovery mode to wipe evertyhing and start fresh. i cant do anything! the phone freezes after about 3-5 sec. i needed about 20 restarts just to get past the configuration menu when you start up your phone for the first time (had to do it in 2-3 sec). now my phone does load to the opening screen but will get stuck and restart after a couple of sec. i even managed to put airplane mode on but still no luck
sometimes i will get a random "XXX has stopped" error.
please help me i have no idea what to do that is my first android phone.
i attached a short film of what happens (youtube):
watch?v=CV2rmddefdg

joshndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
take it back to AT&T for a replacement. in 3-4 days of actually obtaining the device it should NOT be doing what you have described if the device is completely stock, unrooted, etc etc. Show them what it is doing, get a little pissed off and you should get a new phone
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Otterbox case couldn't save the first one from a 3 foot fall out of pocket

Johny201
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshndroid View Post
take it back to AT&T for a replacement. in 3-4 days of actually obtaining the device it should NOT be doing what you have described if the device is completely stock, unrooted, etc etc. Show them what it is doing, get a little pissed off and you should get a new phone
im not in the states any more... i got relocated and i bought the phone to take with me

joshndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 208
i see... that complicates it a bit now

you could attempt to root it and install a custom recovery and try flashing a different rom for your phone?
or
i guess you could always flash a newer firmware for your device?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Otterbox case couldn't save the first one from a 3 foot fall out of pocket

Johny201
Old
(Last edited by Johny201; 1st December 2013 at 03:12 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshndroid View Post
i see... that complicates it a bit now

you could attempt to root it and install a custom recovery and try flashing a different rom for your phone?
or
i guess you could always flash a newer firmware for your device?
i i forgot to mantion that KIES gave me this message after recovery:

Device name : GALAXY Note3 (SM-N900A)
Service name : SM-N900A Software Update
Service version : Android Version : 4.3 / Baseband Version : N900AUCUBMI9
Service description :

does this mean this is my version and i can root it ? i cant remember if i applied the MJ5 update, and dont know if i should trust KIES.

where do i get a custom recovery from ? i tried looking for my firmware on the samsung website but they dont have it for N900A so i cant use odin

Johny201
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny201 View Post
i i forgot to mantion that KIES gave me this message after recovery:

Device name : GALAXY Note3 (SM-N900A)
Service name : SM-N900A Software Update
Service version : Android Version : 4.3 / Baseband Version : N900AUCUBMI9
Service description :

does this mean this is my version and i can root it ? i cant remember if i applied the MJ5 update, and dont know if i should trust KIES.

where do i get a custom recovery from ? i tried looking for my firmware on the samsung website but they dont have it for N900A so i cant use odin
KIES wont recognize the device. i can only get it to work when in "odin" mode and even then all i can do is emergency recovery and no regular access to the phone.

drew071
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny201 View Post
KIES wont recognize the device. i can only get it to work when in "odin" mode and even then all i can do is emergency recovery and no regular access to the phone.
You could use kies to do an emergency recovery. It's in one of the options. You just need to put the model number and serial number in and connect it in download mode. It gives full instructions as you do it.

Drew071

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Johny201
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew071 View Post
You could use kies to do an emergency recovery. It's in one of the options. You just need to put the model number and serial number in and connect it in download mode. It gives full instructions as you do it.

Drew071

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
tried that it brings me to the exact same state my phone was before the recovery... doesnt even bring me to the setting up menus in the beginning. its like it is doing nothing