5,606,465 Members 33,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can someone clarify wireless charging and S View combo for me?

Tip us?

OMGoose
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Can someone clarify wireless charging and S View combo for me?

I browse a lot and post rarely, hoping that I can find the answer I'm looking for without having to create some kind of obnoxious repeat thread. I try to observe the rules in every capacity and I'm sorry if this frustrates any regular users in this forum. I just, for the life of me, can't find a guide to using a qi receiver sticker AND and an S View flip cover. I know that there has to be some manipulation or modding as far as the pins are concerned (i.e. which qi pins need used and which pins should be available to the S view case), but I need it to be spelled out plain as day so I can understand. I WANT both of these features and don't want to wait until god-knows-when for samsung to release that official cover option at a huge price point. I'm reasonably capable enough that with a guide, I think I could do it. I'm just not rich enough or adventurous enough to find out through trial and error which combination of pins it is. I've seen some people say it can't be done, and some saying it can as long as at least one specific pin is left for the S View case. Is this a lost cause?

Again, apologies if this bothers anybody. I'm just trying to get the most out of an already outstanding device. I'm using the model from Verizon if it makes a difference to how I should go about this. Happy Holidays to everyone, and thanks for posting some sweet black friday deals

I'm thinking the qi pad I'll get is this one : http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stand..._cd_al_qh_dp_i

It has great reviews and the setup seems idiot-proof. I'd like to use the official samsung S-View flip cover with it.

In any rate I feel like any case besides the S view flip coveres don't use the device to its full potential (though I definitely understand some people wanting more protective cases). What are your thoughts on that? Or this there another case you think is seriously a step up from the S View?

If this does violate any rules, let me know and I'll delete the thread. NOT trying to step on anyones' toes; I just don't know where else to turn to as XDA has always been my number one spot for questions about pretty much anything un-officially android.

Mars196
Old
(Last edited by Mars196; 1st December 2013 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGoose View Post
I browse a lot and post rarely, hoping that I can find the answer I'm looking for without having to create some kind of obnoxious repeat thread. I try to observe the rules in every capacity and I'm sorry if this frustrates any regular users in this forum. I just, for the life of me, can't find a guide to using a qi receiver sticker AND and an S View flip cover. I know that there has to be some manipulation or modding as far as the pins are concerned (i.e. which qi pins need used and which pins should be available to the S view case), but I need it to be spelled out plain as day so I can understand. I WANT both of these features and don't want to wait until god-knows-when for samsung to release that official cover option at a huge price point. I'm reasonably capable enough that with a guide, I think I could do it. I'm just not rich enough or adventurous enough to find out through trial and error which combination of pins it is. I've seen some people say it can't be done, and some saying it can as long as at least one specific pin is left for the S View case. Is this a lost cause?

Again, apologies if this bothers anybody. I'm just trying to get the most out of an already outstanding device. I'm using the model from Verizon if it makes a difference to how I should go about this. Happy Holidays to everyone, and thanks for posting some sweet black friday deals

I'm thinking the qi pad I'll get is this one : http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stand..._cd_al_qh_dp_i

It has great reviews and the setup seems idiot-proof. I'd like to use the official samsung S-View flip cover with it.

In any rate I feel like any case besides the S view flip coveres don't use the device to its full potential (though I definitely understand some people wanting more protective cases). What are your thoughts on that? Or this there another case you think is seriously a step up from the S View?

If this does violate any rules, let me know and I'll delete the thread. NOT trying to step on anyones' toes; I just don't know where else to turn to as XDA has always been my number one spot for questions about pretty much anything un-officially android.
The Note 3 has 3 pins, all you have to do is attach a copper wire (trimmed) to the middle one than attach the QI receiver which is going to take up the top and middle pin, than that extension you made of the middle pin is going to go over the QI receiver and you're going to connect that middle extension wire you made and bottom pin to the S-view cover. You have to also trim down the top pin of the S-view cover in order to keep it from extruding or bulging out. The QI receiver and the S-view cover are going to overlap each other on the middle pin.

Here are some diagrams i drew on my Note to help better explain it :

Here's a link i found on the N3 forum of someone who did the same thing:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=4

hope that helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch306212045.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2425269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch306213336.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	2425270  

Mars196
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you want you can also make a tear in the QI receiver and just attach the copper wire directly to the positive side of the QI receiver instead of a reach around approach.

ksqp
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If you're planning on getting the official Samsung S-View cover, why not wait for the version with wireless charging built in? It's only $10 more and guaranteed to work.
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EF-TN900BWESTA

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 736
from my information the s view also uses the two top pins, same as the qi receiver.

whiles we're on the subject there is a thread on this, just a bit of searching will get you there, no need to open a new thread.
Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE N9005
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

Rixsta
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3027
Default Thread Closed

Please search before posting.

Thank you