Update to 4.4 not working.

Tip us?

drew15b@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Update to 4.4 not working.

Hi all,

I have tried to update to 4.4 from 4.3 several times but it keeps failing. My tablet works fine still. I am on jss15r, I am rooted, and running multiRom with his stock kernal. I have gotten notice 2 times that 4.4 was available for download via ota and have tried to install it. It reboots into twrp and then runs for about 30 seconds the takes me to the main menu. I have tried to upgrade manually to 4.4 via some .zip files and twrp. Nothing seems to be working. Anybody had this problem or know how to fix it??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

bkwright87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You to at least be on the stock rom. I was able to sideload the update through adb with TWRP.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

drew15b@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwright87 View Post
You to at least be on the stock rom. I was able to sideload the update through adb with TWRP.

I am on Stock Rom, I just modified the kernal to run MultiRom. Should i revert back and then try to manually update via ADB sideload?

bkwright87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Everywhere that I look says you need to be on completely stock rom. I'm assuming that means stock kernel too.

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 582
bkwright87 is correct. Some people get lucky and can take an OTA through a custom recovery, but it doesn't normally work. You need to return to bone stock then take the OTA or just skip a step and flash the kitkat files manually.

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsterero View Post
bkwright87 is correct. Some people get lucky and can take an OTA through a custom recovery, but it doesn't normally work. You need to return to bone stock then take the OTA or just skip a step and flash the kitkat files manually.
What do I flash manually.? I'm stock ROM but elementaX kernel thx

Via my NeXus™ ⅞FHD on Tapatalk pro 4.2
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom