XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted/Sim Unlocked - Trying Straight Talk

Tip us?

HmmPie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted/Sim Unlocked - Trying Straight Talk

I'm FN stuck. I am an iPhone guy and thought rooting/sim unlocking would be similar to the jailbreak process. Two days later, I'm starting to get the feeling that I just screwed my friend.

So they have a Sprint HTC One. I have rooted, S-Off, Sim Unlocked. But for the life of me I cannot get the Straight Talk sim to make calls or get data. Here are some stats:

Android Version: 4.3
HTC Sense Version: 5.0
Software Version: Bad Boyz Sprint ONE v1.2
HTC SDK API: 5.45
PRI Version: 4.38_003
PRL Version: 55015
Baseband Version: 1.00.20.0913_3
Model Number: HTC PN072

Currently: WCDMA preferred, GSM/UMTS Only, the APN info is right. When it comes up and ask me to choose a carrier, I choose ATT. I deleted the ATT APN and replaces with the straight talk one.

Right now, showing cannot find a signal. But when I play with it, it finds a signal and when I make a call, a verizon message comes on telling me it's going to redirect me to someone who will take a credit card so I can complete the call. Or it just gives a fast busy.

What am I doing wrong? I registered the ATT straight talk sim. Maybe I should use the TMobile straight talk sim?

silentstrand
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HmmPie View Post
I'm FN stuck. I am an iPhone guy and thought rooting/sim unlocking would be similar to the jailbreak process. Two days later, I'm starting to get the feeling that I just screwed my friend.

So they have a Sprint HTC One. I have rooted, S-Off, Sim Unlocked. But for the life of me I cannot get the Straight Talk sim to make calls or get data. Here are some stats:

Android Version: 4.3
HTC Sense Version: 5.0
Software Version: Bad Boyz Sprint ONE v1.2
HTC SDK API: 5.45
PRI Version: 4.38_003
PRL Version: 55015
Baseband Version: 1.00.20.0913_3
Model Number: HTC PN072

Currently: WCDMA preferred, GSM/UMTS Only, the APN info is right. When it comes up and ask me to choose a carrier, I choose ATT. I deleted the ATT APN and replaces with the straight talk one.

Right now, showing cannot find a signal. But when I play with it, it finds a signal and when I make a call, a verizon message comes on telling me it's going to redirect me to someone who will take a credit card so I can complete the call. Or it just gives a fast busy.

What am I doing wrong? I registered the ATT straight talk sim. Maybe I should use the TMobile straight talk sim?
Whenever you get a chance, plug it into the computer and make sure USB Debugging is on. Download the Android SDK, then when you have that unzipped, open up a command prompt window (Windows button+"R" then type cmd, hit enter) navigate to where you unzipped your sdk. then type "adb logcat > logcat.txt then hit enter. While logcat is running try sending a text or making a call then let it sit for about five minutes Then close the command window go into your sdk folder and open the logcat.txt and post it on here, so we can take a look at it.

I wont be much help with a logcat, i just now started using them, but there are plenty of other knowledgeable developers on this board who can help.

gimmeitorilltell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 879

DONATE TO ME
I have cincinnati bell running on my sprint one but the only radio that I have found usable is the 1.00.20.0315_1.29.651.7 It is the same one that ends with 315 I believe. Check out this thread and try the first one listed.

A_Flying_Fox
Old
Thanks Meter 170
I think you need to be on stock rooted to unlock the sim and then flash custom roms but idk im a nub

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app