5,597,084 Members 47,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mediapad 7 - Strange battery behavior (no real battery life question)

Tip us?

JacE25
Old
(Last edited by JacE25; 1st December 2013 at 12:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Mediapad 7 - Strange battery behavior (no real battery life question)

Hi Guys,

i have a serious problem with my mediapad 7. I dont use it very often since i've bought me a nexus 5. So it lays some weeks with no usage on my desk. Yesterday i've tried to start it, but it shuts down after reboot, with a battery is empty message. So i have loaded the battery the last night (it should be 100%) but today it still shuts down after booting with the empty battery message. Also, if it is connected at the charger during the boot process.

So i have booted in recovery mode (TWRP) and have wiped the whole system, installed it new and booted it up. Still battery error. So i have deleted the batterystats.bin file in recovery, but the problem remains.

My RomVersion is Cyanogenmod 10.2.

So. Before I begin to disassemble the tablet and change the battery, I wanted to ask if anyone has a tip for me here.

Best regards,
Jacob

lecorbusier
Old
Thanks Meter 12
If you formatted the data partition it's bricked. Data should just be wiped, w/o the media folder.
W/o a working nandroid backup, i once had to reflash the stock recovery via usb, then flash a rom with the dload method(sd card), stock 4.03 or the rooted variants Comec v2.1(didnt work for me) and CleanICE. As in CleanIce the Network Location service was missing, it was only good for reflashing TWRP and now being able to install roms thru it.