5,598,938 Members 30,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Most protective case that is not an Otterbox?

Tip us?

beezar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [Q] Most protective case that is not an Otterbox?

What is the most protective case for this phone that is not an Otterbox? Added thickness doesn't matter.

My wife keeps dropping her phone and the tabs on her Otterbox Commuter case keep breaking off, rendering the case useless. Sure, Otterbox customer care is fantastic and will replace the case free of charge, but it gets very old that I have to keep doing this, and I'd rather get a case that doesn't break all the time. Thanks

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3099

DONATE TO ME
I had the same case, same issue.

Had another case, same issue. I think the real problem is it's hard to design a "good" case for a slider phone. Non-sliders are much easier to build cases for... No moving parts haha.

cmags
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I had a case with a fantastic slider design on my old Evo Shift but haven't seen anything like it for any other slider. Essentially the front bezel not only clipped on with the little tabs but also had a large part that wrapped around to the back of the phone and interlocked with the back case. It helped keep the front part on by putting all the load there on the large piece with the tabs just to keep it positioned.

This one: http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-evo-shi...nap-cases.html

I would buy one in an instant if it were available for the Photon Q.