[Q] Uh Oh.. Am I Bricked?

Tip us?

DustCrow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Uh Oh.. Am I Bricked?

Well, here's what's going on.

I was flashing AOSP roms yesterday, I flashed probably 8, and could never get a single one to have Data working, so I decided to flash back to stock through odin.

I was back on stock, no root, no custom rom, just stock out of the box Sprint S4.... but data wasn't working.

I found another .tar.md5 file from a tutorial video on youtube on how to unroot and go back to stock, so I decided to just give it a try to see if it would fix my Data problem.

I attempted it in Odin, and.. it failed in odin. So I attempted to flash the original .tar.md5 I used in the first place which worked the first time (With no data) and that failed too?!

I've switched USB cables, USB inputs, and even computers.. no matter what, Odin can't flash either file.

Questions:

Am I Bricked?

If not, what should I do?

Thanks!

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCrow View Post
Well, here's what's going on.

I was flashing AOSP roms yesterday, I flashed probably 8, and could never get a single one to have Data working, so I decided to flash back to stock through odin.

I was back on stock, no root, no custom rom, just stock out of the box Sprint S4.... but data wasn't working.

I found another .tar.md5 file from a tutorial video on youtube on how to unroot and go back to stock, so I decided to just give it a try to see if it would fix my Data problem.

I attempted it in Odin, and.. it failed in odin. So I attempted to flash the original .tar.md5 I used in the first place which worked the first time (With no data) and that failed too?!

I've switched USB cables, USB inputs, and even computers.. no matter what, Odin can't flash either file.

Questions:

Am I Bricked?

If not, what should I do?

Thanks!
Which build were you on? And which build were you trying to Odin? And one really important question is did you ever update to MJA 4.3?

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

DustCrow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
Which build were you on? And which build were you trying to Odin? And one really important question is did you ever update to MJA 4.3?

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)
I don't remember what build I was on, kinda a noob with this :/

I was on MF9, and One file is called "L720VPUAMF9_L720SPTAMF9_L720VPUAMF9_HOME.tar. md5" and the other one I tried is: "L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar"

And no I never updated to MJA

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
I don't remember what build I was on, kinda a noob with this :/

I was on MF9, and One file is called "L720VPUAMF9_L720SPTAMF9_L720VPUAMF9_HOME.tar. md5" and the other one I tried is: "L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar"

And no I never updated to MJA
K kool.. Go here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485502 Once your done ,if it gets stuck at the samsung screen or the yellow sprint screen go into recovery and do a factory reset se if it works.

DustCrow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
K kool.. Go here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485502 Once your done ,if it gets stuck at the samsung screen or the yellow sprint screen go into recovery and do a factory reset se if it works.

It finally downloaded, I went to run it, and I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/uBN0uTS.png

I get that error on my Desktop and my Laptop

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2350
Quote:
It finally downloaded, I went to run it, and I get this error: http://i.imgur.com/uBN0uTS.png

I get that error on my Desktop and my Laptop
Bad download. Download again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

DustCrow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
Bad download. Download again.

Are you 100% sure it's a bad download? The download takes about an hour for me, and my connection speed is 30mbs download.

It didn't work, two separate downloads, on my PC and Laptop

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2350
I'm 90% sure. That's what the problem was for me. Download from rwicolo12 itt downloads in about 15 mins

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone

DustCrow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I'm 90% sure. That's what the problem was for me. Download from rwicolo12 itt downloads in about 15 mins

Just downloaded again and it didn't work :/ is there a mirror for this file? Is there a program I need to have installed to be able to run this file?

DustCrow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

I get this error, it's the same exact error I get with every tar or md5 I try to run.. http://i.imgur.com/DaEQWv1.png