XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooting lgog

Tip us?

RODKNEE1231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] rooting lgog

Im interested in rooting my lgog i rooted my last phone a nexus s 4g so its not new to me i only want to do for wifi hotspot what are my options and is there any one-click toolkits in here i seen one but it was a rar file and the pc didnt wanna open it.

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODKNEE1231 View Post
Im interested in rooting my lgog i rooted my last phone a nexus s 4g so its not new to me i only want to do for wifi hotspot what are my options and is there any one-click toolkits in here i seen one but it was a rar file and the pc didnt wanna open it.
Make sure you are fully updated on your stock. If you have the sprint lgog, you should be on ZVC. You don't HAVE to be but it will lead to less headaches later. Look for an app called framaroot (you can google it, Im not sure if it's in the playstore). Choose the Gandalf exploit and you should be good to go(after a restart). If you want to unlock the bootloader, install the FreeGee app from the play store. Very simple to use but if you need further help there are guides already on here that should help. Just search!

Like the banner? Original Dr Who image found here.

Sprint LS970 LG optimus G
with Viper1.1 Kernel

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

My android bootanimations can all be found here.

"Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability.” - H.P. Lovecraft
“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

PartimusPrime
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2053

DONATE TO ME
Go here bro...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050582

The mighty @engine95 was nice enough to develop a guide that walks you through the process.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
If you like my work please consider buying me a beer PayPal
Help me increase my dropbox space
The Following User Says Thank You to PartimusPrime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RODKNEE1231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Im on zvc so were good there. I just go to the post and go from there right ?

RODKNEE1231
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Just used framaroot. Holy cow have things gotten easy compared to the hoops i jumped thru for on my nexus s haha thanks guys u rock !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RODKNEE1231 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]