5,601,143 Members 54,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any mods for transparent status bar & removal of satus bar clock?

Tip us?

mrrobc97
Old
(Last edited by mrrobc97; 29th November 2013 at 04:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default [Q] Any mods for transparent status bar & removal of satus bar clock?

Sup everyone! Just got my N3 last Saturday but it ain't leaving my house until its fully set up and ready to go so I'll be still rocking my Hercules till then. At the moment my N3 is rooted, TWRPed, running DARTHSTALKER v5 (awesome ROM Jovy23!) and right now I'm in the middle of trying to set up a personal theme for it. The only issue I have is that I never been successful at decompiling any apks. I could never figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has come across a mod for the N3 to make the top status bar transparent and to remove the status bar clock. The latter is something that has always bugged me since I had the Vibrant but I came across mods for that. I always have Beautiful Widgets on my homescreen so having a "second" clock on the status bar is pretty redundant for me (kinda annoys me to be exact). The only way to do those mods (besides xposed) I believe is to edit the status_bar_... XML files, in which you need to decompile the apk. Please let me know and if there is someone out there with the skills to do it and its willing to hook me up. I'm willing to pay accordingly. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
SGN3 N900T BLACK
ROM: DarthStalker v5 by JOVY (thx )
KERNEL: Compulsion Kernel v10 by JOVY (thx again )
THEME: BlutifulN3 by MRROBC97 (me )

Quickvic30
Old
Thanks Meter 135
You can use the xposed frame work app along with the wanam module, there is a thread on this in the themes and app section.
Current Devices

SM-N900T on AT&T
SPH-L720 on AT&T+Wicked V10
Galaxy Gear = Rooted+Kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quickvic30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8710

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrobc97 View Post
Sup everyone! Just got my N3 last Saturday but it ain't leaving my house until its fully set up and ready to go so I'll be still rocking my Hercules till then. At the moment my N3 is rooted, TWRPed, running DARTHSTALKER v5 (awesome ROM Jovy23!) and right now I'm in the middle of trying to set up a personal theme for it. The only issue I have is that I never been successful at decompiling any apks. I could never figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has come across a mod for the N3 to make the top status bar transparent and to remove the status bar clock. The latter is something that has always bugged me since I had the Vibrant but I came across mods for that. I always have Beautiful Widgets on my homescreen so having a "second" clock on the status bar is pretty redundant for me (kinda annoys me to be exact). The only way to do those mods (besides xposed) I believe is to edit the status_bar_... XML files, in which you need to decompile the apk. Please let me know and if there is someone out there with the skills to do it and its willing to hook me up. I'm willing to pay accordingly. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We are working on that for our Vision X Note 3 rom, expected to be released this weekend, I will see if my theme guy can supply a trans bar mod.

Stay tuned.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheAxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deeznutz1977
Old
Thanks Meter 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrobc97 View Post
Tweaked with foreverloco s transparent status bar mod does

Sent from my 🇹🇼🇪🇦🇰🇪🇩 Note 3

mrrobc97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30 View Post
You can use the xposed frame work app along with the wanam module, there is a thread on this in the themes and app section.
Thx Quick. I kinda knew that already but I really want to stay away from xposed cuz it always interfered with whatever theme I had installed on my hercules (on ICS and JB). I believe xposed is good for a stock rooted non-themed ROM. It will be my last resort if I have to.
SGN3 N900T BLACK

mrrobc97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman View Post
We are working on that for our Vision X Note 3 rom, expected to be released this weekend, I will see if my theme guy can supply a trans bar mod.

Stay tuned.
That would be great if you could hook me up with those mods! I see a beer and a lapdance in your future Ax
SGN3 N900T BLACK

mrrobc97
Old
(Last edited by mrrobc97; 30th November 2013 at 01:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz1977 View Post
Tweaked with foreverloco s transparent status bar mod does

Sent from my �������������� Note 3
Yes! Yes!That"s exactly what I need deeznutz (onyachin). Do you have a link?

UPDATE: I found and flashed that 100% transparent status bar mod from foreverloco. I only get the dropdown to be transparent but not the actual status bar. Do I need to have his themed installed in order for the status bar to be transparent as well?
SGN3 N900T BLACK

mrrobc97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Figured it out. You have to be using the TW launcher for the mod to work completely. I was using ADW EX.
SGN3 N900T BLACK