5,597,261 Members 40,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 7 (2013) No Google Now after forcing Kitkat Update

Tip us?
 
alexmedrano
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Exclamation Nexus 7 (2013) No Google Now after forcing Kitkat Update

Hello guys, I wanted help with this...the thing is that I forced the update on my Nexus 7 (2013 model) by clearing the data on the Google Services Framework, It worked on the second try and I was happy because the roll out of the update was taking so long....when I finally installed the update everything was normal, except that Google Now was nowhere to be found , and just a few minutes earlier (of course on Jelly Bean) it was working wonderfully, the toggle switch is nowhere to be found, no option gives me the ability to recover it and I wanted to know if anyone can help me with this issue.

Thanks for your help guys!
 
buckeye_jeff
Old
#2  
buckeye_jeff's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 68
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Powell, OH

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmedrano View Post
Hello guys, I wanted help with this...the thing is that I forced the update on my Nexus 7 (2013 model) by clearing the data on the Google Services Framework, It worked on the second try and I was happy because the roll out of the update was taking so long....when I finally installed the update everything was normal, except that Google Now was nowhere to be found , and just a few minutes earlier (of course on Jelly Bean) it was working wonderfully, the toggle switch is nowhere to be found, no option gives me the ability to recover it and I wanted to know if anyone can help me with this issue.

Thanks for your help guys!
I had the same thing happen to me once. I just installed "Google Search" from the play store and all was good again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sprint Galaxy S3 : Rom Wicked Sensations v0.3
Nexus 7 (2013): Rom - Nightmare v1.0 / Kernel - ElementalX-N7-2.6
 
alexmedrano
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye_jeff View Post
I had the same thing happen to me once. I just installed "Google Search" from the play store and all was good again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Thanks for the tip, but I've done that countless times....what else could be wrong with my Nexus?
 
buckeye_jeff
Old
#4  
buckeye_jeff's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 68
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Powell, OH

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmedrano View Post
Thanks for the tip, but I've done that countless times....what else could be wrong with my Nexus?
Try clearing dalvik cache & cache in recovery before installing Google search. Sometimes that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sprint Galaxy S3 : Rom Wicked Sensations v0.3
Nexus 7 (2013): Rom - Nightmare v1.0 / Kernel - ElementalX-N7-2.6
 
stanglifemike
Old
#5  
stanglifemike's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 410
Posts: 2,936
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: outside of ATL, GA
Clearing data for Google Search should do the trick for you. Did you reboot after clearing data for Google Search?

Google Now is integrated into Search, so there is no reason why it should be missing from your device

SwiftKey'ed from my '13 Nexus 7 FHD using XDA Premium HD
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other phone:White Note 2
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Other Phone: Black HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me
 
brianf21
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 480
Posts: 623
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Davie, FL
I added the Google now widget to the desktop then clicked on it and it prompted me to install it from the play store. Now it's working. I am using the GEL launcher and when I swipe all the way to the left most desktop the Google Now page comes up.
If there is anything else that I can't help you with, please hesitate to ask.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes