5,600,292 Members 35,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Karbonn A26 Smart [Development Support]

Tip us?

Forever Alone
Old
(Last edited by Forever Alone; 2nd January 2014 at 05:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 696
Smile Karbonn A26 Smart [Development Support]

Karbonn A26 Smart is a big android device. By big I mean the screen! The phone is having great specifications in a decent price amount. You get 5 inch big screen, 512 MB RAM, 1.3 GHz Dual Core computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see the specifications of this great device.

Thanks for Fonearena for these specifications but they forgot to mention the Chipset and the CPU frequency!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chipset and CPU Frequency

MediaTek MT6572 clocked at 1.3 GHz.

How To Root Karbonn A26 Smart

1. Download Farmaroot 1.6.x app from here [Credits for this app goes to alephzain
2. Click SuperSU
3. Tap Boromir
4. You'll see a successful message.
5. Reboot!

Problem in rooting Karbonn A26 Smart? Follow this damn easy guide (every step explained): Click Here

Are you bricked? If yes then flash the stock firmware!

Stock Firmware [ROM and Flashing Tool for Karbonn A26]

Click HERE

The guide is present there only. Just flash it by SP Tools! All tools/drivers are included. I hope there is someone who can upload this on MediaFire or at any other site because my internet is down these days!

ClockWorkMod Recovery

Download- Click HERE.

The ClockWorkMod Recovery has been successfully ported to Karbonn A26 Smart.

How To Flash it:

1. Download MobileUncle MTK Tools from the Play Store.
2. Rename the recovery's name to recovery.img
3. Click on Recovery update
4. You'll see recovery.img on the top.
5. Tap on it to install and press yes.

Reboot to recovery!

[Credits: rua1 for his tool and revant for porting this to Karbonn A26.]

Swap Internal SD Card and External SD Card

1. Open Root Explorer.
2. Go to System.
3. Open etc folder.
4. Open vold.fstab file with text editor.
5. replace sdcard0 and sdcard1
6. Reboot!

Custom ROMs
[Coming Soon!]
A 14 year old boy who was "Forever King" on XDA, but now he realised that he's not "King", but "Alone"..lol.. :P
I am the First One to compile CyanogenMod 7 for any Indian (Micromax Device)
Stock Firmwares/Factory Resets/Stock ROMs for Indian Android Devices [Micromax, Celkon, Karbonn, Lava XOLO, Spice etc!]
My Blog!- MxRootRom..

My real story: (a Meme)

The Following User Says Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anant
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever king View Post
Karbonn A26 Smart is a big android device. By big I mean the screen! The phone is having great specifications in a decent price amount. You get 5 inch big screen, 512 MB RAM, 1.3 GHz Dual Core computer.

Let's see the specifications of this great device.

Thanks for Fonearena for these specifications but they forgot to mention the Chipset and the CPU frequency!

Chipset and CPU Frequency

MediaTek MT6572 clocked at 1.3 GHz.

How To Root Karbonn A26 Smart

1. Download Farmaroot 1.6.x app from here [Credits for this app goes to alephzain
2. Click SuperSU
3. Tap Boromir
4. You'll see a successful message.
5. Reboot!

Problem in rooting Karbonn A26 Smart? Follow this damn easy guide (every step explained): Click Here

Are you bricked? If yes then flash the stock firmware!

Stock Firmware [ROM and Flashing Tool for Karbonn A26]

Click HERE

The guide is present there only. Just flash it by SP Tools! All tools/drivers are included. I hope there is someone who can upload this on MediaFire or at any other site because my internet is down these days!

ClockWorkMod Recovery

Download- Click HERE.

The ClockWorkMod Recovery has been successfully ported to Karbonn A26 Smart.

How To Flash it:

1. Download MobileUncle MTK Tools from the Play Store.
2. Rename the recovery's name to recovery.img
3. Click on Recovery update
4. You'll see recovery.img on the top.
5. Tap on it to install and press yes.

Reboot to recovery!

[Credits: rua1 for his tool and revant for porting this to Karbonn A26.]

Custom ROMs
[Coming Soon!]
The link given in the above post for hotfile is now not available.
Will you please post some another link for the same.
thanks in advance any progress for custom roms?
The Following User Says Thank You to Anant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harigavara
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Thanks a ton for the OP and the Dev who created farmaroot app.
The Following User Says Thank You to harigavara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]