5,593,293 Members 33,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to downgrade from 4.2.2.?

Tip us?

ninamalina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to downgrade from 4.2.2.?

Hi,

I'd like to ask for your help. After an update to Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.0 on my HTC ONE SV I'd really like to go back to the previous version, I know a lot of people are happy about the update, but I'd really like to go back to the older menus, look etc. I don't mind losing the data.

I'm new over here ... so please bare with me
What info should I provide?

Nina

Modding.MyMind
Old
(Last edited by Modding.MyMind; 2nd December 2013 at 11:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 926

DONATE TO ME
I can't help you at the moment because I have to get ready for work but for starters you will need to unlock your device, acquire the proper ruu (4.1.2), or if its available on here then a nandroid backup (4.1.2) specific to your device. Then at this point the procedures to take would be based on whether you are S-On or S-off.

Hopefully someone else may chime in on this while I am at work.

Sent from my C525c using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

old.splatterhand
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1289

DONATE TO ME
We need to know, what version of one sv you have (k2u, k2ul, or other).
And if you are S-off, which hboot...
Device: HTC One SV | S-Off by Facepalm

Index Thread:
Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV

Other devices: HTC Desire S | Asus TF 101 | HTC HD mini
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old.splatterhand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 926

DONATE TO ME
To unlock your device or in simple terms the bootloader you will need to head over to HTCDEV.com and follow their instructions. If you wish to be S-Off you will need to get rumrunner for your phone and follow its instructions - otherwise you may remain S-On.

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand View Post
We need to know, what version of one sv you have (k2u, k2ul, or other).
And if you are S-off, which hboot...
Sounds like she is legit stock on everything lol. So this may in a sense be easy assuming instructions can be followed

The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ninamalina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks to both of you.

My version is:
K2_UL PVT SHIP S-on RL
HBOOT-2.00.0000

old.splatterhand
Old
(Last edited by old.splatterhand; 2nd December 2013 at 01:07 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamalina View Post
Thanks to both of you.

My version is:
K2_UL PVT SHIP S-on RL
HBOOT-2.00.0000
Then its quiet easy:
unlock your device at htcdev.com (follow the instruction on that side.
Then you need to flash a custom recovery (i recommend TWRP 2.6.3) with fastboot, and next you flash a 4.1.2 rom with recovery. Now you need to flash the boot.img that was inside your rom zip with fastboot and you are ready to go
All links you need, you will find in my index thread (look at my signature for it).
Device: HTC One SV | S-Off by Facepalm

Index Thread:
Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV

Other devices: HTC Desire S | Asus TF 101 | HTC HD mini
The Following User Says Thank You to old.splatterhand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 926

DONATE TO ME
To flash a custom recovery with fastboot you will need to insure your custom recovery image file is located in the same folder as your fastboot file to keep this next part simple.

Go into your HBoot then select fastboot. Connect device to your pc and in the command window type:

Code:
fastboot devices
This should show that your device is connected. If you see nothing then you will need to resolve that before proceeding. Next , once connection is established type:
Code:
fastboot boot customrecovery.img
You are booting instead of flashing the custom recovery so your stock recovery will be persevered. Each time you reboot your device you will need to follow those steps again to access the custom recovery vice your stock recovery.

If you wish to flash it then:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
I don't recommend you flashing it yet unless you get a copy of your stock recovery first.

ninamalina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand View Post
Then its quiet easy:
unlock your device at htcdev.com (follow the instruction on that side.
Then you need to flash a custom recovery (i recommend TWRP 2.6.3) with fastboot, and next you flash a 4.1.2 rom with recovery. Now you need to flash the boot.img that was inside your rom zip with fastboot and you are ready to go
All links you need, you will find in my index thread (look at my signature for it).
Great, thanks!

I'll do everything when i come home

ninamalina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind View Post
To flash a custom recovery with fastboot you will need to insure your custom recovery image file is located in the same folder as your fastboot file to keep this next part simple.

Go into your HBoot then select fastboot. Connect device to your pc and in the command window type:

Code:
fastboot devices
This should show that your device is connected. If you see nothing then you will need to resolve that before proceeding. Next , once connection is established type:
Code:
fastboot boot customrecovery.img
You are booting instead of flashing the custom recovery so your stock recovery will be persevered. Each time you reboot your device you will need to follow those steps again to access the custom recovery vice your stock recovery.

If you wish to flash it then:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
I don't recommend you flashing it yet unless you get a copy of your stock recovery first.

Thanks, will follow your advice!

ninamalina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Although instructions are clear, I still have problems

I've tried using different computer, turned my av off, but still get this when i try to run the downloaded file from HTCdev.com:
This aplication has failed to start because AdbWinApi.dll was not found.