[Q] Please help me with these issues

Tip us?

hamorabi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Please help me with these issues

Good day friends,
Thanks for such a great forum. I bought a second hand LG G2X. It was rooted but still running stock Gingerbread 2.3.3. The phone runs very well except for two defects.
1. GPS turns on but does not find my location at all.
2. The battery charges to 100% and when it gets to 75% it reports low battery and turns off.

I have no idea why the GPS is not working. I assumed the battery was bad and bought a new one. However the fault persisted. The curious part is that even when the phone reports low battery and turns off, the battery is not actually empty at all !! I download an app called "My battery info and drain". I waited until the battery reached 75% or so and got the 'Low Bat' message. I restarted and immediately was told 'Low Bat'. But this time I immediately turned on the 'Battery Drain' app and the phone didn't shut down as it usually those. In fact right now as I am typing it is draining. I wonder if this is some issue which has been encountered before and someone knows how to deal with it.

My Primary Request
1. Obviously the battery issue is non-reconcilable. I really have to find a way to keep the phone on for its designated time on battery. It seems a phone message since the battery still has some juice.

Peripheral Request
Obviously having a GPS is a plus. I really wonder if there is some driver issue wrong with the phone. I tired using Cyanogen 7 Rom and thought that might make it work but no success. Is there something such as a kernel which has GPS drivers that I can install.

mansa_noob
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
I would imagine your best bet would be to upgrade to 2.3.4 stock. Search for methods if you can't do it OTA.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda app-developers app

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 186
I've heard horror stories about 2.3.3....glad I never had any experience with it!