5,599,033 Members 32,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to backup stock Android ROM

Tip us?

1188low
Old
(Last edited by 1188low; 2nd December 2013 at 03:12 PM.) Reason: Forgot to add that part in
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to backup stock Android ROM

I've tried to create a backup of my current stockrom using apps like rom manager, cwm and team win. Whenever I click on the "backup" tab, it will reboot my phone and it will show the Android icon with its "belly" opened up. Once the phone boots up again, I can't find any trace of the backup file. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using the d802 version if that helps

martindar
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1188low View Post
I've tried to create a backup of my current stockrom using apps like rom manager, cwm and team win. Whenever I click on the "backup" tab, it will reboot my phone and it will show the Android icon with its "belly" opened up. Once the phone boots up again, I can't find any trace of the backup file. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using the d802 version if that helps
it sounds like you have lost your recovery?try and reflash twrp or cwm I prefer twrp, with one of the methods on the twrp or cwm section in xda I have used flashify to install before now but once you have recovery you can then reflash them again if not working correctly if it has backed up your stock rom it will show up in apps like rom manager

have you checked in twrp or cwm that you have the necessary files checked before you back up ie mount and then tick all boxes?system,cache,dalvik,data,efs

hope this might help? is your current rom etc showing up in twrp or cwm folders say in es file manager (another good app to manage all your files)