5,598,779 Members 34,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BLN][APP][WORKİNG LİKE A CHARM!!!] BLN feature for galaxy w

Tip us?

hack4er
Old
(Last edited by hack4er; 26th November 2013 at 02:10 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Phone [BLN][APP][WORKİNG LİKE A CHARM!!!] BLN feature for galaxy w

hi guys!

our kernels arent supporting this awesome feature

because of that ı decided to search for how can we use this awesome feature in our phone

you can download the apk file from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4cmiu9q7g4hk900/IUw3GUcHWD

NOTE: our device galaxy w is hdpi device so download the right apk

You do NOT need a kernel with BLN support to use this app , already our device has no BLN kernels

Running the app:

install and open the app. You should be greeted by a popup showing you a list of files. Select the most appropriate (you're looking for something that has a path such as "/sys/devices/platform/bcm21553-leds/leds/button-backlight/brightness). Once you're done, click "enable buttonled in accessibility" and do so. Come back to buttonled and tap the "test buttonled" button. If your capacitive buttons flash, you're good to go. Otherwise, you will need to select a different brightness file (use auto locate or do it manually).
You may also want to customize the options.

Original Thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33369844

some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLng89BuT6Q

credits to GermainZ

Enjoy!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hack4er For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dec0der
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack4er View Post
hi guys!

our kernels arent supporting this awesome feature

because of that ı decided to search for how can we use this awesome feature in our phone

you can download the apk file from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4cmiu9q7g4hk900/IUw3GUcHWD

NOTE: our device galaxy w is hdpi device so download the right apk

You do NOT need a kernel with BLN support to use this app , already our device has no BLN kernels

Running the app:

install and open the app. You should be greeted by a popup showing you a list of files. Select the most appropriate (you're looking for something that has a path such as "/sys/devices/platform/bcm21553-leds/leds/button-backlight/brightness). Once you're done, click "enable buttonled in accessibility" and do so. Come back to buttonled and tap the "test buttonled" button. If your capacitive buttons flash, you're good to go. Otherwise, you will need to select a different brightness file (use auto locate or do it manually).
You may also want to customize the options.

Orgiial Thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33369844

some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLng89BuT6Q

credits to GermainZ

Enjoy!!!
U've tried? I think it would compromised battery life for example if ur using sms much.
Phone : Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150 @I8150DXLM2_SMART
ROM : [ROM][KK][4.4.2][KVT49L] CyanogenMod 11.0 b-20140413 (UNOFFICIAL)
Kernel ​: Stock @ Interactive-BFQ / 386-1024MHz
Recovery : ClockworkMod v6.0.4.5
Mod/ Tweak : Nova Launcher, Performance Control, Greenify *ROOT*, JellyToast, Picture2SD

[THEMED/ CUSTOM][CM11]MMS.APK w/ Speech bubbles, Holo, Emoji, Inverted

hack4er
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der View Post
U've tried? I think it would compromised battery life for example if ur using sms much.
you can disable from app menu also look this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=251

with my best regards

BloodNy
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Woow amazing... Thank you so much!!

GT-I8150 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

hack4er
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodNy View Post
Woow amazing... Thank you so much!!

GT-I8150 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi
önemli değil kardeşim

english:

you are welcome bro!
The Following User Says Thank You to hack4er For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daniel3x
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I will ask too. Have you tried? For me doesn't work as expected. Just "blink" the lcd and not the backlight when i receive notifications.
Device: Samsung Galaxy W GT-I8150
ROM: CyanogenMod 11.0 by Arco68
Kernel: 3.4.x Stock CM by Arco68
Recovery: CWM 6.0.4.5 by Arco68
Baseband: XXLMI

dec0der
Old
(Last edited by dec0der; 27th November 2013 at 01:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack4er View Post
you can disable from app menu also look this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=251

with my best regards
Yes, you can just disable it but whats the point of installing if you will just disable it? Anyways, this one is good for those who doesn't use messaging often as it will use the battery often too and the good thing is, it doesn't use the lcd but the capacitive buttons. Thanks for sharing though mate

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3x View Post
I will ask too. Have you tried? For me doesn't work as expected. Just "blink" the lcd and not the backlight when i receive notifications.
From main thread post #9

Quote:
BLN "redirects" LED notifications to the capacitive buttons, ButtonLED tries to detect all notifications.
As you can see in the video, supposedly, only the capacitive buttons should light up not the LCD. Just check the settings
Mod/ Tweak : Nova Launcher, Performance Control, Greenify *ROOT*, JellyToast, Picture2SD

hotriffs
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I downloaded, hdpi_jb for cm 10.2. It doesn't work I guess. Im choosing "auto locate", and it brings me 2 different path under the /sys. I tried to click them but nothing happened. Then I activated for missing call and unread message. Besides, I pressed test button, and nothing happened again, I mean there is no blinking. I activated buttonled in main settings panel too. Lastly I tried to restart phone... Guess what? It didn't work again..

Is there any solution bro?

dec0der
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotriffs View Post
I downloaded, hdpi_jb for cm 10.2. It doesn't work I guess. Im choosing "auto locate", and it brings me 2 different path under the /sys. I tried to click them but nothing happened. Then I activated for missing call and unread message. Besides, I pressed test button, and nothing happened again, I mean there is no blinking. I activated buttonled in main settings panel too. Lastly I tried to restart phone... Guess what? It didn't work again..

Is there any solution bro?
Try to look for any answers at the main thread or ask the dev. HERE

hotriffs
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec0der View Post
Try to look for any answers at the main thread or ask the dev. HERE
I've tried everything, there is no result. Anyway, I'll pm to thread owner. If I get success, I'll share my personal solution. Thanks with my best regards...