5,606,409 Members 33,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

From ATT Unilimieted data (BS throttling) to Tmobile unlimited..any feedback?

Tip us?

m3latino
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMan572 View Post
Sell your Note 2 and just buy a "like-new" or new T-Mobile Note 3 off of eBay. That's what I did when I made the switch from AT&T over to T-Mobile.

I just bought another brand new S4 off of eBay for $455 and no tax. T-Mobile's full price is $600 (I just checked) but a few weeks ago when I bought it, it would have been like $650 from T-Mobile directly. I don't get why people would finance through T-Mobile and end up paying extra when you can buy the exact same thing on eBay (brand new) and easily save $150 - $200. Then you don't have that higher bill either. This is what I do each time I get a new phone. I sell the old one, and then I just pitch in the $150 - $200 required to get the newer/latest and greatest model.
Buying a T-Mobile phone off ebay is a risky option. You could end up buying a phone that was on the EIP plan and ends up not being paid by the seller/owner of the phone you just bought.

I ended up buying a N3 off EIP and will sell my current iphone to pay some of it off . Then I will pay off the rest of the balance in a month or two.
I have read some horror stories about blacklisted T-Mo phones that were sold to unsuspecting buyers. I was not going to risk it.

shaolin95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 865
Well I normally just check the IME. Like one local seller was doing one cheap, checked the IMEI and it has not been paid fully so...no go for me

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

PowerMan572
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Eghh, I just buy brand new sealed phones off eBay. Check the IMEI then when it comes in. I've never had problems buying from reputable sellers on eBay.