[Q] P880 hangs at boot | No S/W update available

Tip us?

x-calibur1978
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] P880 hangs at boot | No S/W update available

Hello,

After rooting my p880, my phone hangs at boot. Just after the boot sound (*pling* ) the phone is hanging. The boot image is still moving.

Things I tried already:

I followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069723, which tells to do a kdz update. This is not working, as I am not able to get to the S/W upgrade screen. Instead, when I start the phone using the power button + volume down, i get the Android system recovery menu (3e).

I tried to upload a new (cyanogenmod) rom using adb sideload, but that didn't work, as the file I used was damaged (I will retry with new file).

I also did a factory reset and a cache wipe.

Can someone tell me what is best to do?

Kind regards

X-cal

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-calibur1978 View Post
Hello,

After rooting my p880, my phone hangs at boot. Just after the boot sound (*pling* ) the phone is hanging. The boot image is still moving.

Things I tried already:

I followed this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2069723, which tells to do a kdz update. This is not working, as I am not able to get to the S/W upgrade screen. Instead, when I start the phone using the power button + volume down, i get the Android system recovery menu (3e).

I tried to upload a new (cyanogenmod) rom using adb sideload, but that didn't work, as the file I used was damaged (I will retry with new file).

I also did a factory reset and a cache wipe.

Can someone tell me what is best to do?

Kind regards

X-cal
you're entering s/w mode wrong. dont press power button. just hold vol down and plug in usb
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!

x-calibur1978
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OOOhhhh noooosss....... That's kind of stupid .

Thanks!