[Q] LT28i Root

Tip us?

WGuitar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LT28i Root

Hi Guys!
I'm sorry if this question has been asked a gazillion times, but I want to know what I'm getting into first as I am new to rooting.
I have a Sony Xperia Ion (LT28i) with Jelly Bean on it (4.1.2). I was simply wondering if the process outlined in this thread would work:

[Tutorial][ION] Flashing Firmware and Rooting
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1812168

Once again, sorry for a repeat but I'm not exactly sure about what my firmware is etc.
Thanks!

Dark Wraith
Old
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGuitar View Post
Hi Guys!
I'm sorry if this question has been asked a gazillion times, but I want to know what I'm getting into first as I am new to rooting.
I have a Sony Xperia Ion (LT28i) with Jelly Bean on it (4.1.2). I was simply wondering if the process outlined in this thread would work:

[Tutorial][ION] Flashing Firmware and Rooting
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1812168

Once again, sorry for a repeat but I'm not exactly sure about what my firmware is etc.
Thanks!
yes that will work..go to settings>about phone> and you will find all the info abt ur software versions...u are basically looking for build number here..
Hit Thanks if i helped you in any way

New to Android kernel development : Check out my Tool Dark_multitool1.0
Want to develop kernels for Xperia devices : Check out my Tool Xperia_kerneltool
Beginner's guide to Programming in C/C++/Java/Python/bash : Check out this guide
A few basics about Android and how not to brick your Xperia S or any Xperia : Check out this guide

"Never argue with idiots.They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience"

WGuitar
Old
(Last edited by WGuitar; 27th November 2013 at 09:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Build Number is:
6.2.B.0.211

Therefore since it appears to be the most recent firmware, I can simply skip to the rooting portion of the guide correct?

Thanks, I've been hoping to get my phone rooted to get rid of all the bloatware.
You guys are awesome!

WGuitar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have attempted to root the device to no avail. Does the firmware have to be flashed over? Or can I use the firmware currently on it. If it has to be flashed over, my phone does not appear to have drivers in the flash tool. Can I flash without installing a driver?

Dark Wraith
Old
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have attempted to root the device to no avail. Does the firmware have to be flashed over? Or can I use the firmware currently on it. If it has to be flashed over, my phone does not appear to have drivers in the flash tool. Can I flash without installing a driver?
u have an unlocked bootloader or locked???

Want to develop kernels for Xperia devices : Check out my Tool Xperia_kerneltool
Beginner's guide to Programming in C/C++/Java/Python/bash : Check out this guide
A few basics about Android and how not to brick your Xperia S or any Xperia : Check out this guide

"Never argue with idiots.They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience"

WGuitar
Old
(Last edited by WGuitar; 29th November 2013 at 08:25 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I believe it is locked as I have not done anything to the phone besides upgrading to JB from ICS. I used the Sony PC Companion to do so as well.

Edit: Bootloader is locked and apparently cannot be unlocked. (According to System info)

Dark Wraith
Old
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I believe it is locked as I have not done anything to the phone besides upgrading to JB from ICS. I used the Sony PC Companion to do so as well.

Edit: Bootloader is locked and apparently cannot be unlocked. (According to System info)
It doesnt matter...can you tell me the steps that you did briefly and where you faced the problem?

Sent from my Micromax A110 using xda app-developers app

WGuitar
Old
(Last edited by WGuitar; 2nd December 2013 at 02:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It tells me to use the display system check but it just gets stuck hanging at a white screen on my phone and the program does not continue from there. If you could tell me the version of the root program and which option to use, I might be able to do it, but I've tried a few different versions of it with different options. Not exactly sure what I can do.

Edit: Do I have to flash my firmware before trying to root? It doesn't say anywhere that I have to, however could that be what's not allowing me to root?

Dark Wraith
Old
Thanks Meter 533

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It tells me to use the display system check but it just gets stuck hanging at a white screen on my phone and the program does not continue from there. If you could tell me the version of the root program and which option to use, I might be able to do it, but I've tried a few different versions of it with different options. Not exactly sure what I can do.

Edit: Do I have to flash my firmware before trying to root? It doesn't say anywhere that I have to, however could that be what's not allowing me to root?
This method doesnt work with your .211 fw. Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=root+211+ion

WGuitar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've tried that thread's root method. All I keep getting is a screen that it pauses at basically indefinitely, and none of the other root options work.