Note 3 on ting

Tip us?

r2hudson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Question Note 3 on ting

Wanted to know if anyone had there note 3 on ting, an mvno under sprint and if there were any differences than the sprint version. I wanted to bring my sprint note 3 over but they said i wouldn't be able to do that yet so im thinking about ordering theirs.

also how do you like ting?
@ronthegent
S P R I N T N O T E 3

PrinceMike
Old
(Last edited by PrinceMike; 3rd December 2013 at 01:43 AM.) Reason: updated quote formatting
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Note 3 on ting troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2hudson View Post
Wanted to know if anyone had there note 3 on ting, an mvno under sprint and if there were any differences than the sprint version. I wanted to bring my sprint note 3 over but they said i wouldn't be able to do that yet so im thinking about ordering theirs.
I pre-ordered the Note 3 on ting the day it went up on their website and recieved it on 11/6. I love the phone, but unfortunately 4G service has not worked once since I've had it. At first I assumed it was a bad phone so I called for an exchange. The tech support wanted to ensure I was in a 4G area so they asked me to do a side by side with another ting/Sprint phone to verify that it was indeed a bad phone. I knew for sure that I had been in a 4G coverage area with no luck, but I went along with it because overall, given some people's level of tech knowledge, I thought it was a reasonable request. I did the test, and just like I suspected, my wife's ting S4 had 4G just fine, while my Note 3 was stuck on 3G. So I called again a few days later seeking my exchange. This time, I was told that the problem was actually a known issue on Sprint's end. Apparently, because it was a new tri-band phone, Sprint was experiencing some problems on the new frequencies, so all newer phones were having the same problem. That would seem like a reasonable explanation; problem is the Note 3 is not a tri-band device. I kindly explained that to the tech, who then put me on hold. He came back with a new explanation: the problem was on ting's end, a software glitch that was mis-identifying Note 3's to the Sprint Network as 3G only devices. He assured me that they were working on the problem and would contact me when it was fixed. Sure enough, I got an email about a week later asking me to do a factory reset on my phone, and all would be good. I did, and all is not good, still no 4G. The tech than said he would elevate the issue with Sprint technical support. I'm still waiting to here the results. Frankly I'm getting tired of waiting. I'm going to call again tomorrow [12/3] and ask to return the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2hudson View Post
also how do you like ting?
Up until this issue I've loved ting. I switched over in March and have saved lots of money on service, $50 to $70 per month! I've recommended them to several friends. As far as I can tell the service quality and coverage is identical to Sprint. There is no data roaming, but I reviewed my Sprint bills prior to switching, and less than 1% of my data was roaming anyway so I could live without that in exchange for the savings.

When you call, a person answers the phone as well, which is nice.

I'm a ting fan, but they need to make me happy fast to me to remain one.

MRH
Tags
note 3, sprint, ting