Issue with internal storage

Tip us?

themichael
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Default Issue with internal storage

I'm having an issue with the internal storage on my phone. I can see the storage with a file explorer but I can't save/move any file to the internal storage. Its really becoming an issue when I can't download files from my browser or Gmail because they cant use the storage for whatever reason.

Any thoughts? I would rather not wipe or factory reset anything if possible.

1981resse
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sounds like your internal storage is read write protected you need to download ES File Explorer or any other file explorer that can access root and unlock the read/write mount mode

I hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Make sure you plug your device to a computer and once you do this, back up everything from your Internal Storage onto your Desktop PC/Laptop. Once you do that, now your going to have to delete your whole Internal Storage files using a root explorer such as ES File Explorer, Root Explorer, Or anything that works for you and make sure you have it enabled to r/w [Read/Write Mode]. Now head into the directory that your Internal Storage files are located and then delete every single folder in it. Once your done doing that, now connect your device back to your Desktop PC/Laptop and then add back all of your Internal Storage files that you have saved on your PC back into your device, Reboot your device, and now everything should be working!

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app