5,594,221 Members 45,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Wifi issues when going from one router to another

Tip us?

tele_jas
Old
(Last edited by tele_jas; 3rd December 2013 at 02:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Default [Help] Wifi issues when going from one router to another

I'm having wifi issues.. When I use my office wireless and then come home and use my wifi... it shows I'm connected but there is no data is being sent or received. I'll restart the wifi, phone and router - nothing works?

At the office, I have a 4 year old Netgear Wireless-G router (works on B and G).... At home, I have a 1yr old Apple Air Extreme dual band router that works on B, G and N. Nothing else has any issues. I take a laptop several days a week and it connects fine to both the office and home wifi.

It has gotten so bad that I sometimes have to restore from a Nandroid or reflash my ROM just to connect at home.

It's not a ROM issue, I've had this problem on 5 different ROMs (3 Sense and 2 GPE). It's not a firmware issue, I flashed every firmware known to the HTC One in the past 2 months. It's not a Radio issue, I've flashed every radio available too and still have the issue.

Today, on my HTC, I went in to the advanced wireless settings and tried several things and then unchecked every box that was checked and re-checked them and kept restarting the phones wifi each time. It finally started working, but now I'm not sure what step got it working?

It'll probably be fine for a few days, then I'll loose it at home again.... But it's always fine at work?

Any thoughts? Is this Apples way of saying "You should have an iPhone"?
Allons-y!

millicent
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I am seeing approximately same issue over here: while I am mostly using mobile data at work, at home am on my 3rd router in as many years, just replaced an old linksys wrt600n for a netgear r6100. I would occasionally experience your problem, usually on the 5ghz network, would switch to 2.4 and then back to 5. that works all the time. there are so many variables with wi-fi connectivity, it is really difficult to investigate and diagnose. I cannot tell for sure but I think the issue is on our HTC One device side as my old ipad never dropped the 5ghz connection. I, too, tried all radio firmwares to date with same outcome.

one advice that seems to help here, under advanced wifi settings, disable the battery optimization check.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

tele_jas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post
I am seeing approximately same issue over here: while I am mostly using mobile data at work, at home am on my 3rd router in as many years, just replaced an old linksys wrt600n for a netgear r6100. I would occasionally experience your problem, usually on the 5ghz network, would switch to 2.4 and then back to 5. that works all the time. there are so many variables with wi-fi connectivity, it is really difficult to investigate and diagnose. I cannot tell for sure but I think the issue is on our HTC One device side as my old ipad never dropped the 5ghz connection. I, too, tried all radio firmwares to date with same outcome.

one advice that seems to help here, under advanced wifi settings, disable the battery optimization check.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I did have the Wi-fi optimization checked.... It is now unchecked.

Thanks for the advice!
Allons-y!